Nurturing High Expectations!
Through personalized learning, we believe that our students will develop 21st century skills by:
· understanding the soft attributes of PL in order to take ownership of their learning
· utilizing learner profiles to create and reflect on academic and personal goals
· propelling their learning by mastery of the competencies
· exercising voice and choice
· fostering college and career readiness skills
· being actively engaged in real world problem-solving scenarios through project based and tech enabled/blended learning environments
1. By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, teachers at New Hope Elementary will shift instructional practices in ELA from standards based to competency based, as evident in lesson plans.
2. By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, teachers will work collaboratively to create, implement, and reflect upon Personalized Learning practices that incorporate 21st Century Skills as evident in lesson plans and through STEM and Makerspace rubric use.
By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, teachers will construct knowledge, transfer into practice, and reflect upon the characteristics of growth mindset.
All learners will excel in an environment centered on
rigor, relevance and relationships.