2019 Running Wolfpack Cross CountryImportant Announcements
- If you missed the cross country interest meeting on August 1, 2019 stop by room 220 or 221 for more information about joining the team. We will start cross country practice on Monday, August 5 from 3:45 pm – 5:30 pm. There are no try-outs for cross country! To participate you will need the 2019 – 2020 athletic forms and a current physical on file. Click on athletic forms on the menu on the left to access those forms.
- Attention Austin Road and Woodland Middle School 8th graders: You can run cross country with the Woodland High School JV (junior varsity) cross country team for this upcoming 2019 season. Contact Coach Scott firstname.lastname@example.org or Coach Jones email@example.com for more information.
Below are some importants dates to remember for cross counry. Remember that these dates are subject to change and all athletes participating in conditioning or official xc practices must have the 2019 - 20 athletic forms as well as a current physical on file.
July 9, 2019 – First day of voluntary conditioning
Conditioning days will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7 am – 8:15 am at WHS. Do not wait to start getting in shape. Take advantage of this opportunity early!
June 30 - July 6 – Dead Week
We will not have voluntary conditioning as June 30 – July 6 is "Dead Week". GHSA policy states that, "schools are prohibited from participating in voluntary workouts, camps and/or clinics, weight training or competitions during the week."
August 1, 2019 – First day of school - Interest meeting
For students that are interested in XC that were not able to attend the interest meeting at the end of 2018 – 2019.
August 5, 2019 – The first day of official practice
The first day of official practice will be after school starting at 3:45 pm - 5:30 pm.
August 7, 2019 - Parent meeting in the Media Center
We will have a parent meeting in the Media Center starting at 6 pm.
August 9, 2019 - First Day of Morning Practice
Starting Friday, August 9, 2019, we will have morning practice from 5:45 am - 7 am.
The dates for morning practice will be August 9 - August 23, 2019. WHS High School runners must attend morning practices in order to participate on the team.
August 8, 2019 – First day of middle school afternoon practice
Middle school students will have afternoon practice starting Thursday, August 8 – Thursday, August 22. They will practice Monday - Thursday from 4:15 – 5:45 pm.
August 26, 2019 - Will go back to afternoon practices
Afternoon practices will be from 3:45 pm - 5:30 pm. Middle school and high school athletes will all practice together. We will not have morning practices for the rest of the season. Middle school athletes will arrive to practice after school is dismissed for them.
- Athletes, remember that all athletic forms from 2018 - 2019 school year will expire on July 31, 2019. You must have an updated physical (it is good for one year from the date that you got it) and all 2019 - 2020 forms must be completed before you are able to participate in any WHS XC activities. Athletic Forms Page
- If you are interested in running XC for the 2019 season and have not completed the interest survey click the link and complete the survey. Interest survey
- Be sure to sign up for Remind to receive important announcements. Click here for Remind sign-up!
- If you are interested in participating in preseason conditioning your physical and all other athletic forms must be up to date or on file before you can come out.
- Preseason conditioning begins on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 from 7:00 am - 8:15 am. Conditioning will continue on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7 am - 8:15 am.
- Remember before you can come out to preseason conditioning your physical and all other athletic forms must be up to date and/or on file.
Store--Run Fit Sports http://www.runfitsports.com - across the street from the Kohl's/JC Penny shoppingcenter--Fleet Feet Decatur http://www.fleetfeetdecatur.com/ - Located on West Ponce de Leon Ave indowntown Decatur
- There are various speciality running shoe store throughout the Metro-Atlanta area. Here are a few (two of them are in Henry County). Please remember that running shoes should be replaced every 200 - 300 miles.
- Woodland Wolfpack students and athletes, if you are interested in running cross country for the 2019 season contact Coach Scott by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for important information.