Degrees and Certifications:
A.S. in Science, Northern Virginia Community College B.S. in Biological Sciences (minor in Chemistry), Georgia State University M.S. in Biology, University of Nebraska A.B.D. in Curriculum & Instruction, Mercer University Certification Science (grades 6-12) Earth/Space Science (grades 6-12) Gifted In-field Certification AP College Board Certification (Biology) AP College Board Certification (Environmental Science) Science Areas of Interests & Research Comparative Vertebrate & Invertebrate Zoology Comparative Anatomy & Physiology Animal Behavior Forensic Pathology Ecology Conservation Biology Wildlife Management & Field Techniques Evolutionary Biology Teaching Experience Griffin-Spalding County Schools: Griffin High School Griffin High School Evening Academy. Henry County Schools: Luella High School Dutchtown High School Locust Grove High School Hampton High School
Mr. Jeffery P. Compton
During Remote Learning, it is expected of parents/families that:
- An adult will monitor and support student engagement with remote learning teachers, attendance in virtual classes, and timely submission of assignments.
- Teachers may leverage a variety of means to monitor student’s behavior with regard to work submission to include monitoring student’s computers during assessment administration and checking submissions.
- My student and I will comply with District policies, regulations, and applicable provisions of the district’s Student & Parent Handbook including but not limited to the Code of Conduct, Absences, Accidents/Medical Services, Hospitalizations, Student Learning Devices, Video or Audio Recorders, and compliance with Federal Laws and Guidelines.
- I will notify my student’s school of health or medical conditions that affect my student’s attendance in remote/virtual classes or instructional time.
- I will engage and maintain communication with teachers providing remote/virtual instruction.
- If my student receives Special Education services or Section 504 services, I will participate in an IEP Team meeting or a Section 504 meeting to address student needs.
- I will communicate to school officials any issues with district-provided student learning devices.
- I will assure student learning, assignment, and assessment completion takes place upholding the Academic Honesty provision within the district’s Student & Parent Handbook.
- I will monitor my student’s academic performance/progress.
During the 2020-2021 school year, students are also asked to know and understand the Remote Learning Expectations. During Remote Learning, a student is expected to:
- I will comply with District policies and regulations, including applicable provisions of the district’s Student & Parent Handbook including but not limited to the Code of Conduct, Absences, and Student Learning Devices.
- I will engage with remote learning teachers and communicate any academic issues or concerns.
- I will attend remote/virtual classes, as scheduled by HHS and their teachers DAILY AND ON TIME.
- I will submit assignments on time and in compliance with teacher instructions.
- I will communicate to my parents or guardians and/or school officials any issues I have with my district-provided student learning devices.
- I will assure that learning, assignment, and assessment completion takes place upholding the District’s Academic Honesty provision within the Student & Parent Handbook. Specifically,
- I will not share work with any other student beyond teacher-approved group work
- I will not share my username and/or password with any other student
- I will ensure that work submitted is authentic and original
- I am expected to submit my own work.
- If I am aware of a student submitting work that is not authentic and original and/or plagiarized, I should report such actions to my teacher.
- I understand student projects and other student produced work is expected to be my own work. Therefore, I understand that if a teacher suspects academic dishonesty, an alternative assessment may be provided to me and disciplinary action may be taken.
- I will frequently monitor my academic performance/progress.