Chemistry is called the “Central Science” because of its role in connecting all the sciences, medicine, math, and engineering. During your chemistry course, you will be mastering very many skills and competencies that provide you with a strong foundation in all branches of science, medicine, math, and engineering.
Parent Chemistry Night Sign-Up Links
December 3rd, please follow these links:
December 4th, please follow these links:
December 5th, please follow these links:
(1) Deadline for Deconstruction of Complex Everyday Object: November 15, 2019 (Pencils, Pens, Markers, Glasses (Spetacles, Sunglasses, etc.) are not allowed; do not cut open a battery; dissect a complex enough object, which is old and not in use) - This is a Course Work Task and this gives 20% of Your Final Exam Grade.
(2) Deadline for the Development of a Tool to Teach Bonding Concepts to Your Peers: November 22, 2019 - This is a Course Work Task and this gives 20% of Your Final Exam Grade.
(3) Deadline for Chemical Change Video (video of a chemical change in the kitchen): December 1, 11:59 PM; Upload the video in Youtube or Google Drive or Dropbox and send the link by email (Note: There are several reactions, which are not allowed; for instance; Burning of Paer, Charcoal, Wood, Clothe, etc. are not allowed; showing the flame of a candle or propane gas or any fuel and explaining that is also not allowed; browning of apple is not allowed; other reactions, which are not allowed are discussed in the instruction packet handed to you; follow instructions and rubric) - This is a Course Work Task and this gives 20% of Your Final Exam Grade.
(4) Deadline for Ring Diagram, Box Diagram, Longhand Electronic Configuration Formulas and Shorthand Electronic configuration Formulas: Dec 9 - his is a Course Work Task and this gives 20% of Your Final Exam Grade.
(5) Moles Lab with Sigfigs Incorporated: Done in Class on December 9 and 10 - This is a Course Work Task and this gives 20% of Your Final Exam Grade.Summer Assignment has in-built exemplars in the packet. Students get this done easily without any assistance.Those who are in need of assitance, can refer to: Guidelines and Exemplars for Summer Packet and the=======================================================================Day 0: The First Day of the School is a Non-Instructional DayWeek 1Day 2 Tasks: IF Session 1 - Goal SettingWeek 2Day 5 Tasks: IF Session 2 - Summer Assignment CompletionUnit 1ProjectDirections for the Compilation of the Ring diagrams is shown in this video https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nvo8Bf6a9fY9RbAc6Deadline for TasksAnbolism and Catabolism Task - October 21, 2018Ring Diagram, Box Diagram, Dot Diagram, Long-Hand Electronic Configuration Formulas, and Shorthand Electronic Configuration Formulas - October 28, 2018=========================================================================Unit 2Practice Test for Interim Test is on Socrative: Room: RAJASTo gain additional practice on identifying molecular and ionic compounds, take the following quizhttp://www.softschools.com/manage/themes/testreview?id=13&themeId=938==========================================================================Unit 3Balancing Chemical EquationsAfter Guided and Collaborative Practices in the class, you will complete the following tasksMid-http://funbasedlearning.com/chemistry/chemBalancer/ques1.htmYear Exam Taskshttp://www.sciencegeek.net/Chemistry/Review/Balancing/http://www.sciencegeek.net/Chemistry/taters/EquationBalancing.htm=================================================================================================
Practice Test for Test 4.1 in Socrative: Room: RAJASEKARAN
FIRST SEMESTER FINAL EXAMDirections for the Compilation of the Ring diagrams is shown in this video https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nvo8Bf6a9fY9RbAc6
National Chemistry Day and International Moles Day Celebrations
Lost and Found
Cash, Cards, Phones, Jewelry, Umbrellas, Phone or Computer Chargers, Headphones, Ear Phones, and Spectacles will be immediately handed to the front office.
Binders, Folders, and Papers found in the classroom will be placed in the "Lost and Found" bin in the Classroom. The bin is kept in the bottom shelf of the cart at the entrance of the classroom. This bin will be cleared off every two weeks.
Calculators with names will be handed to the student immediately. I will either meet the student personally and hand it or I will email the teacher where the student is in the next period and will have the student come back to my class to receive the calculator.
If a calculator without a name was found, I will mark on it in which period of which day I found it and who were the students working at that location. The calculator will be held by me until I meet that class the next day. If it is an odd day period, it is the next odd day. If it is an even day period, it will be the next even day. Fifth period meets every day. I will announce in that class (in which I found the nameless calculator the previous day) that a calculator was found and I will also specify in which location of the class I found it and who were the students working in that location. I will accordingly hand it to the student.
If a nameless calculator was left unclaimed on the following day's class in that specific period (subsequent odd day or even day or the subsequent day for the fifth period), it will be handed over to the front office with details of the period and date it was found. Students have the opportunity to claim their nameless calculators from the front office.