Welcome to Ms. Medina's Homepage!Jeessy Medina, BE, MAT, Gifted Certified Email: jeessy.Medina@henry.k12.ga.usGoogle Classroom: Students, all class information, calendar agenda, videos, notes, handouts, and assignments can be found in your google classroom.Classes: GSE Geometry, Honors, and A and BREMOTE LEARNING AVAILABILITY(Google Meet Link can be found in google classroom; email me if you need the link)
Block 2: 10:00 - 10:45
Block 3: 12:30 - 1:15
Block 4: 2:15 - 3:00
REMOTE LEARNING LESSON PLANS: Google classroom
Day 1 (Monday 3/16/20):
1) Complete the square in google classroom question assignment
2) Edpuzzle: Equation of a circle https://edpuzzle.com/assignments/5e6e914e6a7bb341222f8277/watch
3) Quizizz: www.quizizz.com/join?gc=686672
4) GoFormative: Closing Monday 3/16
Day 2 (Tuesday 3/17/20):
1) Quizizz: joinmyquiz.com and enter this code 263688
2) Edpuzzle: Distance midpoint and slope
Day 3 (Wednesday 3/18/20):
1) Quizizz Warmup
2) Quizizz Slope, distance, midpoint
3) Quizizz Partition of directed line segments - https://henryco-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/jmedina_henry_k12_ga_us/EXQB7k8BFONFiinWYfRySTQBHM8BLrzSM2aoKLcwPwEzaQ?e=tNcQDz Review GPE.6
Day 4 (Thursday 3/19/20):
1) Type your name below to signify that you read today's instructions.
2) Complete all missing work. Contact me if you need help resetting an assignment or doing an assignment. I am able to share my screen and show you how to solve problems. If we have multiple people in google meet, then I can help more than 1 at a time.
3) RESPECT THE ONLINE SPACE.
4) I will be contacting you and guardians for any missing work. Any missing work: khan, delta, goformative, quizizz, edpuzzle, spirals... etc.... :)
Day 5 (Friday 3/20/20):
1) Illuminate Assessment
Day 6 (Monday 3/23/20):
1) Nearpod: join.nearpod.com or in the app https://share.nearpod.com/vsph/D7cpX6F0Mu RGZKQ
2) Edpuzzle: Partition of line segments
3) GoFormative: GoFormative GPE.6 Worksheet #2 Partitioning Segments
Day 8 (Wednesday 3/25/20):
1) Catch up Day - Work on all incomplete and missing work from: GoFormative, Edpuzzle, Delta Math, Khan Academy, etc..
- Parallel/Perpendicular through a point
- Finding the relationship of two lines
- Slopes of parallel/perpendicular lines
- Parallel and Perpendicular Equations
- Parallel Equations
Day 10 (Friday 3/27/20):
1) Log in via classlink so the district can take your attendance.
2. Make sure that you signed up for remind.
3. Today will be about completing your work and seeking help during google meet times. So, I need you to do this step by step.
- Go to Delta Math website and complete all assignments that are red or green or blue.
- Go to Edpuzzle website and complete all open/unsubmitted videos.
- Go to Quizizz website and complete all open/unsubmitted quizzes.
- Go to GoFormative website and complete all open/unsubmitted quizzes.
- Go to Khan Academy website and complete all work current/past.
Day 11 (Monday 3/30/20):
1) Edpuzzle - Find a line parallel to another line through a given point
2) GoFormative: GPE.5 Parallel and Perpendicular Video Question
3) Khan Academies on parallel and Perpendicular lines
Day 12 (Tuesday 3/31/20):
1) Edpuzzle - Equation of a Line Parallel to a Given Line and Passing Through a Given Point
2) Khan Academy: Area and Probability on the coordinate Plane
3) Khan Academy: Area and perimeter on the coordinate plane
Day 13 (Wednesday 4/1/20):
1) Edpuzzle: Writing Equations of Perpendicular Lines (perpendicular lines)
2) Notes Portolio Project: Take careful and detailed notes
Artifact #2: Learn Zillion: Calculate the probability of an event by creating a ratio
- Artifact #3: LearnZillion: Calculate the probability by making a sum of 1 https://learnzillion.com/assignments/4US6385
Day 14 (Thursday 4/2/20):
1) Edpuzzle: Probability : Simple Probability
1) Notes Portfolio Project: Take careful and detailed notes
Artifact #4: Learn Zillion: Find the probability of events with multiple possibilities https://learnzillion.com/assignments/3YQ7265
- Artifact #5: Learn Zillion: Find the probability of a compound event by creating a tree diagram https://learnzillion.com/assignments/NZ29785
Day 15 (Friday 4/3/20):
1) Catch up on all assignments - parental contact will be made if you have missing assignments.
I have been working for Henry County Schools since 2007 and I am very proud to be part of this community. My son is a student in the Dutchtown cluster and thus I am highly invested in the success of your child at DHS. I will do my best to challenge your child but also to provide opportunites for them to demonstrate mastery. Please send me an email if you have any questions about anything.More about me:I was born in Honduras. I grew up in New Jersey.Undergraduate degree from Stevens Tech in Chemical Engineering.Graduate research work in chemical engineering at Georgia Tech.Then, life's true calling came knocking at my door.Master of Arts and Teaching from GSCU.I enjoy what I do and I am very glad to be your new math teacher.I have high expectations for my students in the classroom. We work harder and we score better. Bulldog Pride!!!
Mrs. Medina-Atanacioa.k.a. Ms. Medinaa.k.a. Ms. M