All Projects Are Due October 30, 2018
Dear Parents and Students,
All students are required to complete a Science Fair Project. Class winners will be recommended for participation in the school wide fair.
The SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT will consist of a log book, an experiment, a paper, and a presentation of student’s choice (PPT, Podcast, Poster Board, etc.). Only school fair participants will be required to create a tri-fold board. All projects will be due on Tuesday, October 30, 2018– NO EXCEPTIONS! We will be choosing many projects to be judged at the School Science Fair and winners of the school fair will move on to the County Science Fair.
Students are encouraged to take their project seriously!!!
Grading will be as follows:
· Project Grade: Project parental signature
· Project Grade: Log Book
· Project Grade: Paper
· Project Grade: Presentation Product (PPT, Tri-Board, Movie, Poster, etc.)
· Project Grade: PresentationSpecial Events:
Failure to turn in a project will drastically lower your overall average in science. It is highly likely that students who do not submit a science project will not receive a passing grade in science for the 2nd 9 week grading period.
- Nov 26th - 27th : School-Wide Science Fair Display and Competition
- Nov 27th: Science Fair Awards Ceremony @ 2pm in the Media Center
- The top 15 projects will advance to County Science Fair.
- Jan 24th - Regional Science and Engineering Fair (Junior Division) @ Heritage Park
- Jan 29th - Regional Awards Ceremony - Performing Arts Center
- Mar 29th - 30th: Georgia Science and Engineering Fair - Athens, GA
Eagle’s Landing Middle SchoolScience Educators
The following resources are available to assist our students with completing their Science Fair Project:
- Click Here for: Presentation - Student Introduction to Science Fair
- Click Here for: Project Step Due Dates
- Click Here for: Research Paper Template
- Click Here for: Project Presentation Template
- Click Here for: Project Display Board Example