If you are interested in serving on the 2019 - 2020 LHS School Council, please use the link below and contact Mr. Smith expressing your interest in your email.
2019 - 2020 Meeting Dates:
- Tuesday, September 10 - Agenda Meeting Minutes
- Tuesday, October 15 - Agenda
- Tuesday, November 12 - Agenda
- Tuesday, December 10 - Agenda 12-10-19 Meeting Minutes
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - Agenda 1-14-20 Minutes
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - Agenda 2-12-20 Minutes
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - Agenda 3-10-20 minutes 3-24-20 remote meeting minutes Remote Mtg 3-26-20
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020- 4-14-20 minutes (remote meeting) 4-21-20 minutes (remote meeting) Meeting minutes 4-28-20(remote meeting) May 5 remote meeting minutes
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020 Remote meeting minutes 5-12-20 5-19-20 remote meeting minutes
LHS School Council
The Luella High School Council is made up of representative teachers and parents that work with the principal to continue the progress of Luella High School. It is an advisory council to the principal.
The School Council is an essential function for Luella High School. Its membership provides a critical connectivity among principal, teachers, parents and the greater Luella community. Principal Jerry Smith invites any parent or any member of the Luella community who is interested in serving as a member of the Luella School Council.
In order to be an official School Council member in the State of Georgia, prospective members must attend a state-required School Council training session, conducted by Henry County Schools. The training session lasts approximately 2 hours. This session acclimates interested members in the purpose of the school council and the HCS policies that govern school council activity.
Current School Council Members for 2019 - 2020 (new members to be joining):
- Camishe Golden
- Carolyn Fraser - Chair
- Connie Reliford
- Dawn Jones
- Jay Dockweiler
- Kedra Lewis
- Lillian Ray
- Christopher Hightower, Teacher
- Kerry Vanderford, Teacher
- Donna Scoggins, Media Specialist - Secretary
- Jerry Smith, Principal
The Council meets once a month and functions as an advisory council to the principal. Council meeting time is 5:30 PM; the Council meets in the LHS Media Center.
For questions, please contact Mr. Smith by e-mail [ Contact Mr. Jerry Smith, Principal] or by phone: 770-898-9822.