2020-2021 Meeting Dates:
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 July 14 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 July 23 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 July 30 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, Sept 3, 2020 Sept 3 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday Sept 17, 2020 Sept 17 Meeting Minutes
- Thursday, Oct 15, 2020
- Thursday Nov 12, 2020
- Wednesday, Dec 16, 2020
- Thursday, Jan 14, 2021
- Thursday, Feb 11, 2021
- Thursday, March 11, 2021
- Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Thursday, May 13, 2021
LHS School Council
The Luella High School Council is made up of representative teachers and parents that work with the principal to continue the progress of Luella High School. It is an advisory council to the principal.
The School Council is an essential function for Luella High School. Its membership provides a critical connectivity among principal, teachers, parents and the greater Luella community. Principal Jerry Smith invites any parent or any member of the Luella community who is interested in serving as a member of the Luella School Council.
In order to be an official School Council member in the State of Georgia, prospective members must attend a state-required School Council training session, conducted by Henry County Schools. The training session lasts approximately 2 hours. This session acclimates interested members in the purpose of the school council and the HCS policies that govern school council activity.
Current School Council Members for 2020-21:
- Dr. Tanisha Sapp
- Ms. Camishe Golden
- Ms. Carolyn Fraser - Chair
- Dr. Connie Reliford
- Ms. Jenneen Walker
- Mr. Jay Dockweiler
- Dr. Kedra Battle
- Ms. Felicia Blackburn
- Ms. Ava Hollingshed
- Ms. Ingrid Wappler
- Mr. Christopher Hightower, Teacher
- Mr. Kerry Vanderford, Teacher
- Ms. Donna Scoggins, Media Specialist - Secretary
- Mr. Jerry Smith, Principal
The Council meets once a month and functions as an advisory council to the principal. Council meeting time is 7:30 PM; the Council meets in the LHS Media Center.
Udpate as of 6/20/20 - Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, until further notice, LHS School Council meetings will be held virtually.
For questions, please contact Mr. Smith by e-mail [ Contact Mr. Jerry Smith, Principal] or by phone: 770-898-9822.