Dear Cotton Indian Elementary Parents and Community, July 27, 2017
Welcome Back! We are all excited to have students back in our classrooms and hallways filling them with energy and enthusiasm for learning. It is our mission to help every child feel welcomed, connected, and a part of our Cotton Indian family. This promises to be a year filled with leadership opportunities for all of our students as we strive to find ways that we can be even better than we have before! We embark on this journey with a pledge to you, our students and parents, that this will be a year of engaging, meaningful and rigorous work in our classrooms, combined with a plethora of leadership opportunities for our Cougars to be involved and stay connected!
During the 2017-2018 school year, we will continue to build upon and refine our proven foundation of data driven decision making and providing relevant learning opportunities for all students. Our vision remains……..
Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all out of school assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
- Sets academic goals and is diligent in tracking his/her progress and well as celebrating his successes with you
- Leads student-led conferences every nine weeks and is able to show mastery of standards through these conferences
As we enter year three of being the only Leader in Me school in Henry County, we will continue to model and teach 7 Habits of Highly Effective people: Being Proactive; Beginning with the End in Mind; Putting First Things First; Thinking Win/Win; Seeking First to Understand, Then to Be Understood; Synergizing; and Sharpening the Saw. We believe that in addition to possessing the traits of knowledge, individuals who are truly thriving in today’s reality are those who are also good listeners and team builders. We will draw upon the talents of the whole school- all staff members and all students- and optimize the support of our parents and community.
Here’s to an AWESOME new school year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day! The dedicated Cotton Indian staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and it is truly our honor to be part of a community where parents, teachers and students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic and social-emotional growth.