Henry County Counseling Program
Henry County Schools is committed to a comprehensive school counseling program. The Counseling Department at Henry County Schools is composed of caring, enthusiastic staff who are dedicated to leading our students down the right path. From the time children enter our schools until the time they walk through the doors after 12th grade graduation, the Counseling Department is there to help make the difficult transitions as smooth and enjoyable as possible. There is a shared passion of seeing students succeed and lead healthy lives, but most importantly in making sure that children grow as people and thinkers.
The Counseling Department also helps add valuable lessons to the students’ curriculum that aid in teaching citizenship, academic excellence and responsibility.
Our mission is to provide all students access to comprehensive school guidance and counseling programs which is research based, data driven, and reflects the individual developmental needs of our students.
Our professional school counselors work as student advocates by collaborating with parents, guardians, and other staff and community members. School counselors provide a continuum of services through a comprehensive school guidance and counseling program for all students.
School counselors implement programs for systemic change in our schools based upon the recommended competencies suggested for elementary, middle, and high school students.
Through exposure to the school guidance and counseling program, students will experience growth within the three domains of: academic achievement, personal/social development, and career awareness as recommended by the American School Counselor Association.
The school counselors in Henry County Schools believe:
- All of our students have dignity, worth, and deserve mutual respect
- All of our students have access to the school counseling program
- Our school counseling curriculum considers the special needs and all ethnic, racial, and gender differences of our students
- All students should have access to a full-time, state certified, master's-degree-level school counselor to deliver the school counseling curriculum
Our comprehensive school counseling program will:
- Be based on specified goals and developmental student competencies
- Be planned and coordinated by school counseling staff with input from other school, parent, and community representatives
- Incorporate community resources
- Be evaluated and developed by using measurable data
- Actively involve counseling representatives to monitor students' outcomes and progress
We will maintain a strong ethical foundation that protects our students and their families by:
- Abiding by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- Participating in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program