MISSIONThe mission of Hampton Middle School’s Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive counseling program aligned with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model. The program is designed to meet the academic, social/emotional, and college/career needs of all students through personalized guidance. Thereby, creating an atmosphere that builds healthy relationships with all stakeholders, develops 21st century lifelong learners, and productive citizens.
· VISIONThe vision of the Hampton Middle School’s Counseling Department is to inspire and develop world class creative and independent thinkers.
· HMS COUNSELING PHILOSOPHYHampton Middle School Counselors believe:
· Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
Every student should graduate from high school and be prepared for employment or college and other post-secondary education.
Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, parents, teachers, administrators, community leaders and other stakeholders.
School counselors can and should be leaders in the school and district.
The effectiveness of school counseling programs should be measurable using process, perception and outcome data.
The Hampton Middle School Counseling Program should:
· Understand barriers to student learning and the use of advocacy and data-driven school counseling practices to close the achievement/opportunity gap.
· Collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, community leaders and other stakeholders to promote and support student success.
· Utilize data-driven decision making.
· Provide individual sessions, group counseling, and classroom core curriculum lessons, ensure equitable access to resources which promote academic achievement, career development, and social development for every student.
Hampton Middle School Professional Counselors will:
· Adhere to school and district policies, state laws and regulations, and professional ethics standards.
· Practice ethical principles of the school counseling profession in accordance with the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
· Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate a school counseling program aligned with ASCA National Model.
· Review and disaggregate student achievement, attendance, and behavior data to identify and implement interventions as needed.Participate in professional development opportunities.