My name is Rob Abbott and I am honored to be your child's physical education teacher at Fairview Elementary. My basic mission is to foster a love of physical activity, sports, recreation, dance, etc. into all of our students. I strive to help them improve their physical fitness and help them increase their knowledge about leading an active, healthy life.
I have two great kids, Will (7) and Iva (6) and a wonderful wife Stacey. We enjoy camping, swimming, sports and spending time with our family and friends. We moved down to Georgia from Michigan in 2003 after I completed my bachelor degree in education. I worked 5 years at Benteen Elementary in Atlanta Public Schools as a 5th grade teacher. I have spent the last 8 years as a math teacher in Henry County at Locust Grove Middle School. Now I am ready take on a new challenge as an elementary physical education teacher.
I am excited about the 2016-17 school year. Together, the students, the community and I, are going to learn, be active, and have a great time. Feel free to email me with any questions at:Attached is the PE letter home...The PE letter home contents...
Fairview Elementary School Physical Education
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year! I hope you and your family had an active summer, and are ready to move FULL SPEED AHEAD. I am so excited to have your child/children in our physical education program. This year we will be involved in a variety of sports and activities throughout the school year that requires a lot of moving. Therefore, in order to provide a safe and enjoyable physical education program, please read the following procedures and complete the required information pertaining to your child. Please understand that your help and cooperation is vital to the success of our physical education program. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone at or e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Please list any health conditions that may limit your child’s performance. Please use the back of this form if necessary for additional comments, __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- A written excuse from parents is needed when students are unable to participate in physical education.
- A written statement from the child’s physician should be sent to Coach Abbott if a more serious illness (broken bones, surgery, and etc.) prevents your child from participating for more than one week. Also, a written form is required from the physician for your child to resume physical education activities.
- Please make sure your child wears appropriate shoes and clothing in order to participate in physical education.
- The above guidelines are for your child’s health and safety. Please sign and return this form to Coach Abbott. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Physical Education Teacher
Grade / Homeroom Teacher_________________________