welcome to theOMS Jr. Beta ClubWe are excited to begin a
new year of achievement
and service. . .are you?Next Meeting: Chorus roomSponsors: Mr. Barfield, Ms. Carmack, Ms. T. Anderson
OMS Beta Club 2018-2019 School Year
- Will be under new sponsors, but Mrs. Carmack & Mrs. Anderson will help behind the scenes at OMS.
- Will go to Convention December 2018 IF enough parents volunteer to lead a team- that decision will be made in August 2018.
- If an adult is interested in leading a Convention team, chat Mrs. C on Beta Remind to let her know (give your e-mail address please) & you will be contacted in the Fall.
- Text @992ff to this number to join OMS Beta Remind: 618-565-0648
- Join Beta on Edmodo to chat with other OMS Betas & officers- go to edmodo.com & enter code: mwk5pt to join & see past Convention projects.
- Tentative 2018/19 OMS Beta meetings @ 7:45 am-8:30 am in chorus room:
- Aug/Sept: Convention plans
- Oct/Nov: Fall Festivals/service projects (have ideas- chat us on Remind)
- Dec: No meeting
- Jan/Feb: New members/ Valentine cards for kids in hospital
- Mar/Apr: Good luck on Milestone notes/cards for 5th graders & officer candidate meeting
- May: Officer election for 2019-2020 school year & end-of-year Beta party
Meetings:Qualifications for Membership:1. Previous enrollment by official induction into club. You must provide proof of membership and name of school in which you were inducted in order for an official transfer to occur.2. Following the first semester, students being honored for all A's and A/B Honor Roll will be issued an open invitation to apply to be a member of Beta Club. Teacher recommendations will be required for proof of good behavior and leadership characteristics.3. Students will maintain good behavior and Honor Roll status throughout membership in order to remain an active member. Without active membership, students will not be allowed to participate in club activities and will be put on probation. Continued misbehavior and poor grades will result in being dismissed from the club.
Last Modified on September 30, 2018