Attendance ProceduresAbsencesWhen a student is absent he/she will need to bring in documentation for their absence the day the student returns back to school.
The student will need to have the following info on their excuse:
The student will place the note in the attendance office in the basket that is supplied for all day absences. Students have all day upon their return to place their notes in the basket. If the excused is approved, the Attendance office will change their absence from unexcused to excused for that day. If the student does not bring documentation back the absence will remain unexcused.Checking Out of School
Any student needing to leave campus during the day for any reason must check out through the attendance office. We cannot stress enough the importance of keeping the school informed of any changes in phone numbers, address or contact persons. This information is what is used when a student’s parent/guardian needs to be contacted for illness, emergencies, check out verification and other contact needing to be made by school personnel.
- The Attendance office must either have a note from the parent, which will be verified, or the parent must come to the attendance office with his or her I.D. to check the student out (no phone calls). Identification is required by Luella High School before a student will be called out of class.
- Only those listed on the census form (sent home at beginning of school year) will be able to check-out students. Please make sure that all contact names are included on this form.
- Students are not allowed to check-out of school after 3:00 PM.
PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS WHO DRIVE TO SCHOOL:
Checking Into School
- Students are not allowed to check themselves out of school.
- The student should take his/her check out note to the attendance office before 8:15 AM. The note must have the name of the student, the date, time of check out, reason, parent signature, and parent phone number.
- The attendance office staff will call to verify the note and once verified, prepare a pass for the student to come to the attendance office at check-out time if check out is during class time. The student will need to pick up this pass between classes prior to check out time.
- The student will then come to the attendance office at check-out time to receive his or her check-out slip in order to leave the premises.
If a student is checking into school, he/she must have documentation. If a student does not have approved documentation, she/he will be marked unexcused and receive a referral upon their check-in.Student HandbookAny questions regarding attendance can be found in the Henry County Student & Parent Handbook. If you have any questions you can call and we will be glad to help you.Infinite CampusWe are very excited about sharing Infinite Campus with you and know that it will be easy and very accessible for you. Parents can check on a student's daily attendance through Infinite Campus. Parents will need a login to be able to access attendance, grades, and other information. To receive your login information, call the front office and ask the secretary for instructions to gain access to the Infinite Campus parent portal.