Welcome to Math teamMath Team advisor: RAJESWARI NARASIMHAN
The purpose of the Math Team is to enable students to solve critical thinking questions and also to win all the Math competitions.
This is an extracurricular club and the membership is by the application.We won Griffin Resa Math competition in 2013, we won Griffin Resa third place in 2014, and in 2017 we won Griffin Resa third place. We won the team award in level II at the University of West Georgia Math competition in 2017 and also, one of the students Andi Bui won the scholarship for his score at the University of West Georgia Math competition.
In the 2018 district-level competition my team students took extreme efforts to win the following awards.
1) Dagam Kong won the 4th place for an Individual achievement award
2) Johnathan Nguyen won third place for an Individual Achievement award.
3) In Henry County division we won third place in the Junior Varsity team award.
4) In Henry County division we won third place in the Varsity team award.2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- We participate in district, regional, and state-level competitions.
- This year, we went to the Luella High School District math competition in which our JV Team won first place in the district!!
- Hyoyeon Kong won 7th place in the state, including first place in district and overall championship award!
- Nora Ratemeyer won 3rd place in the district!
- Diem-My Dang won 4th place in the district!
- Kayla Dang won 5th place in the district!
- Hamna Khan, Om Patel, Ishika Patel, and Samuel Mcclarn were also on the team.
- We also traveled to the Griffin RESA math competition.
- Lastly, we attended the University of West Georgia math competition. Over 200 students from different counties across Georgia participated in the UWG state-level Math competition on March 6th. They competed with each level Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus. They needed to participate in the individual contest, team problem solving, and ciphering.
- 1) Max Ratmeyer won third place in Pre-Calculus competition
- 2) Diem-My Dang won first place in Algebra competition.
2019-2020 Math Team Members:
Rujal Patel, Ashna Patel, Ruhi Patel, Isiah Nogal,Dagam Kong, Mary Chu, Nelson Ha, Maximillian Ratmeyer, Augustine Ideawor, Saye Gorgor, Kayla Dang, Diem-My Dang,Hyoyeon Kong, Nora Ratmeyer,Hamna Khan,Kaitlyn Slone,Om Patel,Ishika Patel,Samuel McClarn,Johnathan Nguyen
Congratulation to GHP Math Semi-Finalist: Ruhi Patel and Ashna Patel
GHP is an incredible opportunity to do something I love with peers who have the same passions as me. It’s an opportunity to see viewpoints from people from all parts of the state, which is exciting! Highly recommended!
~ Ruhi Patel
I was very excited to be able to attend GHP for math! I am excited to expand my knowledge of math with peers from all around the state. GHP is a great experience that I recommend!
Math team meets every Wednesday in room 403 from 3-30 to 4-30. Attendance is mandatory.
Students participate in state and national level competitions throughout the year. The competitions are mostly scheduled after school or on Saturdays.
Griffin Resa Math competition will be in the month of January.
The Luella HS Invitational is held annually in October at Luella High School.
The students also enjoy attending the various events on Math Day, held at the University of West Georgia, in March.
The Math Team has practice sessions before each competition and the attendance is mandatory.Students can also check their math skills here.Thank youRajeswari Narasimhan