In 1990, the Henry County Board of Education approved an offer for an Afterschool Program in each elementary school. The program was titled the Afterschool Enrichment Program (ASEP). The components of the ASEP include:
- Adult supervision during non-school hours
- Affordable cost for childcare services
- Adequate instructors for each program
- Educational resources to improve the academic performance of participating students
- Recreational activities to enhance social interaction in a group setting
- Nutritional snacks as an afterschool refreshment
The collaborative relationship between educators, parents, community workers, and other professionals have enabled our ASEP to be a progressive and self-sustaining program.
Cotton Indian Site Coordinator(s):
For more information about the Henry County After School Enrichment Program click here: ASEP Info.