In 1990, the Henry County Board of Education approved an offer for an Afterschool Program in each elementary school. The program was titled the Afterschool Enrichment Program (ASEP). The components of the ASEP include:
- Adult supervision during non-school hours
- Affordable cost for child care services
- Adequate instructors for each program
- Educational resources to improve the academic performance of participating students
- Recreational activities to enhance social interaction in a group setting
- Nutritional snacks as an afterschool refreshment
The collaborative relationship between educators, parents, community workers and other professionals have enabled our ASEP to be a progressive and self-sustaining program.
The hours of the Afterschool Enrichment Program are Monday through Friday, beginning at 2:30 P.M. and ending at 6:00 P.M. The program is not operated during weekends, school vacation, holiday periods, and teacher in-service days. When schools are closed due to inclement weather, students should be picked up immediately.
Ms. Linda Fuse, ASEP Coordinator
For further information from the county web site: https://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=198
Last Modified on January 28, 2022