Beta ClubSponsors: Alicia Loughner Ashley MurphyWelcome to Rock Spring's Beta Club webpage! The Beta Club is founded on the standards of high academics, leadership, character and service to our community. Beta Club is available to 5th grade students by invitation only. 5th graders who met the following requirements were invited to be a part of our Beta Club at the beginning of the school year.To be eligible for Beta Club at the end of 4th grade students must meet the following standards.
· All 3’s or 4’s on student report card for 4th nine weeks in every standard
· Students must have at least 80% 4’s with no score lower than a 3 in the Learning Behaviors & Work Standards for all four quarters. This means at the end of 4th grade a student must have a minimum of 32 – 4’s.
· Demonstrates effective leadership skills throughout the school year.
To remain in Beta Club during 5th grade students must maintain an A average in each subject area and have at least 80% 4’s with no score lower than a 3 in the Learning Behaviors & Work Standards each 9 week periods (minimum of eight 4’s each nine weeks).
Academic achievement will be reviewed at the end of the semester. Students who do not have an A average in each subject area at end of the 1st semester will be put on probation until the end of the 3rd quarter. If their 3rd quarter grades bring the average of all 3 quarters back to up to A’s then they may attend meetings during the 4th quarter.
Students who do not have 80% 4’s in Learning Behaviors & Work Standards will be on probation until they bring these scores back to the 80%. Students who score below a 3 in Learning Behaviors & Work Standards will be on probation until the score returns to a 3 or a 4 and the student meets the 80% 4’s requirement.
Students will be put on probation for classroom and office referrals. During the probation period the students will not be allowed to attend meetings or Beta events
· Classroom referrals will result in probation for a minimum of 1 Beta meeting.
· Level 1 office referrals will result in a minimum of one month of probation.
· Level 2 or higher office referrals will result in dismissal from Beta Club.
· Officers who receive office referrals will lose their office for the remainder of the year.5th graders will have a 2nd chance to be invited into Beta Club in January after first semester report card grades are averaged. Any 5th graders who meet the above-mentioned requirements for the first semester will receive invitations to join our club for the remainder of the school year. 5th graders must also maintain these requirements for their entire fifth grade year to maintain active membership.The National Junior Beta Club is one in which achievement, character, service, & leadership skills are fostered & rewarded. Club meetings are held __________ afternoons until 3:30 in Room #_____. (TBA)We will participate in the Georgia State Beta Convention in Macon. Our Betas are working hard to prepare to compete in various academic & team competitions at Convention. Students elect school-level officers as well as vote for state Beta officers. Beta Club also sponsors school-wide service projects such as Relay for Life in April & May.If you would like more information about Rock Spring's Beta Club, e-mail Mrs. Livermont. For information about the National Beta Club, visit their website: http://www.betaclub.org/ & follow the links. Thank you!