Rock Spring Elementary GiftedGifted Collaborative Teachers 1st - 5th GradesErika Livermontemail: firstname.lastname@example.orgSarah Griffis
Gifted Cluster Model
- In a personalized learning environment all students work at their own pace and path through ELA and math standards. This allows for acceleration and/or the building of deeper knowledge.
- Students receive pre-assessments to determine areas for acceleration.
- PBL units are utilized to give all students access to higher depth of knowledge in science, social studies and ELA.
- Gifted students are placed in groups in a gifted certified teacher’s classroom.
- The gifted collaborative teacher will pull students out to receive gifted resource services.
1st – 5th Gifted Resource
- All students will receive 200 minutes of resource a week.
- 1st grade will be pulled each Friday from 8:10-1:25. They will go to specials and recess with their homeroom. Lunch will be at 12:16 at table 6. Please send a healthy snack to be eaten before lunch.
- 2nd grade will be pulled from 11:40-12:30 Monday-Thursday.
- 3rd grade will be pulled from 12:35-1:25 Monday-Thursday.
- 4th and 5th grade will be pulled together from 1:30-2:10 Monday-Friday
- Mrs. Griffis and Mrs. Livermont will co-teach gifted students and provide choices in a variety of enrichment activities and units such as STEM, coding, art exploration, and PBL’s.
5th Graders (Transitioning from TAG)
- Partain’s 2016-2017 class has been split between two gifted certified teachers.
- These students will be in personalized learning classrooms which will allow the students flexibility in pace and path so that students can be accelerated in areas in which they excel.
Testing for the gifted program occurs throughout the year. Students from kindergarten through 5th grade can also be referred for gifted testing by parents or teachers who see an indication that participation in gifted classes would be beneficial for that child.For students to be tested for gifted the students must first be referred by a parent or teacher. Then the students will be screened. This part consists of a team of teachers looking at the student's data in academic areas, creativity and motivation. Parents will then be notified if their child has qualified for testing and will need to sign and return an additional letter giving permission for testing. The students are tested in academics, mentalibilities, and creativity. A motivation checklist is also filled out by the student's teacher. Parents will be sent the testing results by mail after testing is completed.Parents wishing for their child to be tested for gifted must complete the gifted survey which will be sent to Mrs. Livermont. If you have any questions regarding the testing process please e-mail me. Thank-you!
Last Modified on August 12, 2017