Welcome to Mrs. Reynolds' Counseling Corner!
Mrs. PaKisha Reynolds, Ed.S
ATTN: After hearing from Governor Kemp during his press conference regarding COVID-19, it was recommended that school districts consider closing school operations based on the conditions of their respective districts. Henry County Schools has made the decision to close schools starting Monday, March 16th for two weeks and potentially longer. Henry County Schools is prepared to begin a remote learning plan that will allow students to continue their learning using their district-issued device or printed materials.
Due to the schools' closure, I will begin virtual/distance learning school counseling services. Core curriculum lessons are provided below for students to complete (some with parental assistance). Other Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum and resources are available as well.
I will be available by email from 7:00 AM-3:00 PM daily at email@example.com. All emails received after 3:00 PM will be answered the next business day.
If needed, students may request an online counseling session. Online counseling sessions will be available via Google Meet. To set up a Google Meet session, students should email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a request and I will reply and send a link to join the session. Students may access Google Meet through their Classlink/Launchpad. Students will need to log in using their sign-in credentials.
Virtual/Distance Learning Core Curriculum Lessons:
Kindergarten: 1. Hands Are Not For Hitting Computers may be needed to play videos
2. Self Control Computers may be needed to play videos
1st Grade: 1. Making Responsible Choices Computers may be needed to play videos
2. Self Esteem Computers may be needed to play videos
2nd Grade: 1. Self Esteem Computers may be needed to play videos
3rd, 4th & 5th: 1. Self Esteem Computers may be needed to play videos
Social Emotion Learning (SEL) Lessons
Daily Check-in (Emotions, Feelings, Self Care, etc.) by The Social-Emotional Teacher
K-2 Day 11-20 (Computers may be needed to play videos) by Hilary Ramirez and Megan Gross
3-5 Day 1-10 (Computers may be needed to play videos) by The Social-Emotional Teacher
3-5 Day 11-20 (Computers may be needed to play videos) by Hilary Ramirez and Megan Gross
SEL Choice Board by Counselor Keri
SEL Scavenger Hunt by Counselors Corner With Ms. Walsh
30 Day LEGO Challenge Creator Unknown
Counseling Resources Click the link to find helpful counseling resources.
Virtual College Tours (600+ colleges & universities throughout the US):
Positive Behavior Support Parent Academy Provided By Georgia State University – FOR PARENTS
- Description: Through these five sessions, parents learn how to apply the positive behavior support process to their individual child’s/family’s needs. Group sessions are held on the days below. Individualized coaching sessions are held between the group sessions at times that are convenient to the parent.
- Dates (Parents should try to attend all five dates)
- Online, April 16: 10 am-12 pm
- Online, April 21: 10 am-12 pm
- Online, April 23: 10 am-12 pm
- Online, April 28: 10 am-12 pm
- Online, April 30: 10 am-12 pm
- Parents can register for the free, online Positive Behavior Support Parent Academy at this link: https://gsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0DPSoeUr4S9UYi9