Please review your November Cheer Update Email for the November/December practice scheduleUpcoming Events:
- Dec 1st Cheerleaders will perform at the City of Stockbridge Holiday in the Park event at Clar Park (111 Davis Rd. in Stockbridge) The event is from 6pm-9pm. Cheerleaders must be present at 7:00 p.m. dressed and ready to perform at 7:30 p.m. The girls are free to enjoy the festivities prior to and after our performance.
- Dec 3rd Cheerleaders will participate in the McDonough Christmas Parade. The parade begins at 6 pm but cheerleaders should report no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Feb 26th Cheerleaders will perform at State Farm Arena during the Hawks Game. Each person entering State Farm Arena, including your cheerleader will need a ticket. Tickets are on sale now. Get them before the prices increase.
Double Good Gourmet Popcorn Fundraiser
Friday, September 30 (9:00 a.m.) - October 4th (9:00 a.m.)
Download the Double Good App
Enter the Code to set up your cheerleader's popup shop
Congratulations to the 2022-2023 Fairview Elementary School Cheerleaders
Naomi F. Zahdie A. Kailey G. Aubree D. Peyton M. Melani G. Bailey R. Madison J. Alyanna E. Logan M. Kaila C. Alayna M. Gizelle H. Brooke F. Wylder N. Yulianna C. Journey H Ally H. Lacey H. Arielle R. Sade B. Emerson P. Ahtziri B. Morgan H. Lauren L Brielle M
Malayah A. Damiah G. Zoie P. Abigail W. Arrihanna W. Ashton P. Claudia F. Nylee Y. Shayla J. Londyn D. Laneshia C. Nayeli G. Joscelyn W Olecia C. Si'Anne H. Mykhael J. Aubrey S. Emma S. Abigail R. Catherine B. McKenzie S. Amari G. Amaris G. Zaniyah M. Jewel J. Ny'Azya D. Jaice R. Kennedi H
Please read in its entirety!
*Friday, September 16th was the deadline to submit your child’s completed cheer form and to pay the $50 deposit. If you missed the deadline, please note that this requirement is due ASAP. Failure to submit will forfeit your child’s spot on the team
Mandatory Parent Meeting & Uniform Fitting
September 28, 2022
Team Blue: 5:30 p.m. Team Gold: 6:30 p.m.
- Please park in a parking space and enter the building at the stairs. It is extremely important that you do not park in the car rider lanes or enter the building at the ramp. This area is designated for after school pickup only!!!
- To expedite the fitting, please have your daughter wear a bathing suit, leotard, or sports bra and biking shorts if possible. Returning cheerleaders who can still wear last year’s uniform should wear it (don’t forget to try on the cheer shorts too) to the fitting.
- Cheerleaders from last year if your child still has the black head/earband and black gloves for parades, AND can find them, you will not have to reorder them this year. If you cannot locate them, please add it to your order form on Wednesday
- Returning cheerleaders from the 2020 squad. Please check before the meeting that your child has both pom poms, and the FVE black cheer bag. If so, you will not have to reorder this year.
- Bring your charged smartphone to set-up your child’s Double Good Popup Fundraiser
- First official cheer practice is Thursday, October 6th until 4:30 p.m.
- Fundraisers are provided to offset the cost of your child’s cheerleading expenses. Families are encouraged to participate in fundraisers but it is completely optional to do so.
2022-23 Cheerleading Information
- Students will participate in a 2 day clinic September 8th & 9th. Tryouts will take place on Monday, September 12, 2022. Each session begins immediately afterschool until 4:15 pm
- Students will be released from the side of the building nearest the playground.
- Tryout results will be posted on the school website by 7:00 pm on September 12th
- The cost to participate is $250 for new cheerleaders (The cost may be less for some returners) The cost does not include white no show socks or white cheer shoes. Squad participants will be required to purchase the cheer sock and cheer shoe in addition to the $250 cheer fees.
- Cheer fees will be broken down into three payments. (Cash or money order only) $50 will be due on Friday, September 16th , $100 will be due on Friday, September 30, 2022 The remaining balance will be due on Friday, October 5th. Please note that there will be two fundraisers in September to offset the total cost.
- There will be a mandatory parent meeting followed by a uniform fitting on Wed, September 28th at 5:30 pm. An adult must represent each squad member.
- Cheerleaders represent Fairview Elementary School at all times. Disruptive behaviors, negative attitudes and the inability to follow directions can cause a participant to sit-out of an activity or event and also potentially be cut from the squad. If your child is removed from the squad by yourself, the coaches or school administrators, there will be no refunds. No exceptions!
- In addition to skill level, teacher feedback and behavior during tryouts will also be taken into consideration. Anyone with more than two office referrals for the 2021-2022 school year will not be permitted to participate.
- Transportation to events is the responsibility of the parents. We have several events throughout the school year at multiple locations.
- There will be occasions where additional costs are associated with a performance, such as the Hawk’s Game. We will participate in fundraising to offset this cost but please be prepared to cover additional costs. Notice will be provided as soon as possible.
- Practices will be held on Thursdays until 4:15 pm. We will occasionally add practices to prepare for performances. Practices are mandatory. Unexcused missed practices may result in a student not being able to perform.
- Fairview Cheerleaders perform at many community events, including the annual Christmas Parade, MLK Jr. parade, St Patrick’s Day Parade, School events and more.