Congratulations to the 2023-2024 Fairview Mighty Eagles Cheer Sqaud
We had over 90 girls to tryout!
There will be a mandatory virtual parent meeting on Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00 pm. An adult must represent each squad member. Check your email that we have on file for the link.
McKayla W Alani L Cali F Jhanessa W Mia M Kailey G Nia H Brielle H Nova E Lailah J
Juliana D Melani G Madison J Valery F Chloe F Riley L Kyla H Alessandra D Lacey H Mariah M Yulianna C
Ava W Sade B Logan M Ameenah A
Shayla J Zoie P Arrihanna W Londyn D Chante H McKenzie F McKenzie T Danielle H Joscelyn W Si'Anne H Olecia C
Jaice R Laneshia C Paighton J Nayeli G Gizelle H Arielle R Alayna M Ahtziri B Morgan H
Mariah T Caylee J Rayna M Charlee M Taylor M Addison M Aspen H
2023-24 Cheerleading Information
- Cheerleading forms will go home on Monday, August 28, 2023 to all interested students in grades K-5. In order to participate in tryouts, completed forms must be returned on Friday, Sep 1st before 12:00 p.m. There are no exceptions!
- Students will participate in a 2 day clinic that will be held afterschool on September 5th & 6th. This clinic is closed to all parents and visitors. It will begin immediately afterschool and end at 4:15 p.m. Tryouts will take place on Friday, September 8, 2023. Each session begins immediately afterschool until 4:15 pm
- Students will be released from the side of the building nearest the playground.
- Tryout results will be posted on the school website by 8:00 pm on September 8th
- The cost to participate is approximately $250 for new cheerleaders (The cost may be less for some returners)
- Cheer fees will be broken down into three payments. (Cash or money order only) $60 will be due on Friday, September 15th , $100 will be due on Friday, September 29, 2023. The remaining balance will be due on Friday, October 13th. Please note that there will be two fundraisers in September.
- There will be a mandatory virtual parent meeting on Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00 pm. An adult must represent each squad member.
- There is a mandatory cheer fitting on Thursday, September 28th from 3:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Cheerleaders represent Fairview Elementary School at all times. Disruptive behaviors, negative attitudes and the inability to follow directions can cause a participant to sit-out of an activity or event and also potentially be cut from the squad. If your child is removed from the squad by yourself, the coaches or school administrators, there will be no refunds. No exceptions!
- In addition to skill level, teacher feedback, current grades, and behavior during tryouts will also be taken into consideration. Anyone with more than one office referrals for the 2022-2023 school year will not be permitted to participate.
- Transportation to events is the responsibility of the parents. We have several events throughout the school year at multiple locations.
- There will be occasions where additional costs are associated with a performance. We will participate in fundraising to offset this cost but please be prepared to cover additional costs. Notice will be provided as soon as possible.
- Practices will be held on Tuesdays until 4:15 pm. We will occasionally add practices to prepare for performances. Practices are mandatory. Unexcused missed practices may result in a student not being able to perform.
- Fairview Cheerleaders perform at many community events, including the annual Christmas Parade, MLK Jr. parade, St Patrick’s Day Parade, School events and more.