MissionMcDonough High School’s mission is to create and sustain a Culture of Learning and a Community of Achievers.
Create and Sustain a Culture of Learning and a Community of AchieversVision & Beliefs aligned to district prioritiesMcDonough High School is an advancing community of learners dedicated to preparing its graduates to take advantage of an ever-expanding workforce.
- Parents and other stakeholders are vital components to our school community and are encouraged to participate in the education of their children
- Students and teachers will work to analyze data and develop effective interventions to foster student growth
- All students will be provided with a variety of instructional best practices and assessments to accommodate effective learning
- Students and teachers will be practitioners of the Henry Teaching and Learning Standards as well as the Henry Learning Progressions and be knowledgeable in how each drives instruction
School Performance Goals
- Student achievement is the chief priority of McDonough High School
- Students will learn and apply higher level thinking skills throughout their course work at each grade level
- McDonough High School will increase Milestone test scores in all 8 tested subjects- English I, English III Biology, Physical Science, U.S. History, Economics, Algebra and Geometry, Level 3 Proficient Learners by 5% and Level 4 Distinguished Learners by 3% based upon 2018-2019 test scores.
- 100% of teachers will facilitate ongoing data talks with students in which learner groups, assessment data and student achievement will be discussed.
- 100% of teachers will provide common interim assessments, collaboratively analyze data, develop and provide appropriate interventions to remediate, enrich and advance learners.
McDonough High School is committed to excellence and confident that these goals can be achieved through concentrated focus on: Collaboratively planning and delivering relevant and engaging learning experiences, authentically assessing students at the rigor seen within state testing, providing immediate interventions for each learner after assessments and embedding technology that will increase student engagement and achievement.Guiding Philosophy
- Student Achievement is the chief priority for the school.
- All students will learn and be provided with a variety of instructional best practices and assessments to accommodate various learning styles.
- Students will learn higher level thinking skills and problem solving.
- Students will be actively engaged in the learning process.
- All students will be provided a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Parents and other stakeholders will be encouraged to participate in the education of their children.
- Technology will be used to prepare students to be college and career ready in the 21st Century.