After School Education ProgramLiz Armstrong,
Site CoordinatorBetty Sims
Asst. Site Coordinator
Last Modified on October 3, 2012
After School Education Program
Asst. Site Coordinator
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of the program is to serve the school and the community population by providing quality educational, vocational, recreational and social programs for all age groups. The safety and security of children during the after school hours is a primary purpose of the program. The Elementary After School Enrichment Program (EASEP) strives to enrich the lives of all children ho participate in the program.
Through the Henry County Schools, an after school enrichment program is offered to elementary school students, provided the minimum number of students register, and a sufficient number of instructors are available. The purpose of the program is to serve the school and the community population by providing quality educational, vocational, recreational and social programs for all age groups. The Safety and security of children during the after school schedule is a primary purpose of the program. Students remain at their regular schools to participate in the program. Tuition fees fund the cost for the operation of the school facilities during the extended hours.
· To provided a structured and safe environment which stresses responsible behavior, respect for others, and positive attitudes for all students.
· To provide opportunities that encourage social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth.
· To provide quality after school, age-appropriate academic and enrichment activities.
· To provide a caring staff who will interact with the students in group and individual situations.
· To provide communication with parents regarding their children's general well being.
Tuition payment of $50.00 per week is paid on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or yearly basis, not including holidays listed in the Student Handbook. Parents must pay the $50.00 per week fee by the Friday before the week of participation. If school is closed on Friday, payment will be due Thursday. Tuition is paid by check or money order made payable to the Henry County Board of Education. Cash cannot be accepted. Payments must be given directly to the Site Coordinator.
The following schedule is a typical day for the EASEP. However, the schedule may vary slightly to accommodate the size of the program and the grade level of students:
1. attendance, restroom, snack, break
2. physical activity
3. study time, homework, reading and math activities
4. enrichment activity
For more information, click the link below:
Study Time/ Homework
Social Interaction W/Peers