Ola Elementary's Mission and Motto"An educational community dedicated to working with parents andthe community to promote scholars today and leaders tomorrow."
Vision & Beliefs
What is a SchOLAr?
1. A scholar is naturally inquisitive about the world around him/her.
2. A scholar articulates about his/her learning and can speak with authority and clarity.
3. A scholar is able to critically think about their own work and real world problems.
4. A scholar shows a persistent determination to "get to the bottom of things."
5. A scholar is conscious of how his/her learning builds on established wisdom.
6. A scholar is passionate, and seen to be passionate, about what he/she studies.
7. A scholar is well-networked with other young scholars.
8. A scholar is easily recognized among his/her peers.
9. A scholar collaborates with others to solve problems.
10. A scholar is highly productive, always striving to perform his/her best.
11. A scholar has a sharp focus.
12. A scholar is what we expect ALL Ola students to become
School Performance Goals
Goal 1: The percentage of students in grades K-5 that will meet their projected RIT score on the MAP reading assessment will increase from 52% to 62% grades 3rd-5th and 57% to 67% in grades K-2 by the end of the 2018-2019 school year.
Goal 2: 100% of teachers in grades K-5 will analyze and use data from CFA’s, MAP, and Georgia Milestones through data instruments to improve student learning.
Goal 3: Ola will have a 10% increase in Kindergarten students reading on grade level by the end of their first year in Kindergarten (Based on MAP/F&P).