WELCOME TO SPEECH WITH MS. NELSON
I am passionate about helping each student reach their full potential. I believe in celebrating small success, while continuing to work towards a bigger picture. This year I am estatic to use my positivity and relentless efforts towards improving and meeting each students IEP goals. I Am excited to have each student back in person. My goal is to remain safe while finding new and innovative ways to keep all students engaged. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to email me. This will be a great 2021-2022 school year!
What is my role?
Speech-language pathologists must be able to listen to and communicate with their patient in order to determine the right course of treatment.
The collaborative role of SLPs in schools is to work with teachers, other professionals and parents to meet the learners' needs. SLPs have to explore and find ways to collaborate with parents and include them as partners to work towards improving language development and/or other communication problems.
Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication
- ARTICULATION DISORDER- PRONOUNCIATION OF SOUNDS
- LANGUAGE DISORDERS
- Receptive language disorder (COMPREHENSION). A child has trouble understanding words that he or she hears and reads.
- Expressive language disorder ( EXPRESSION) A child has trouble speaking with others and expressing thoughts and feelings
- Sequencing > beginning middle end
- Inferencing, Predicting, Figurative Language, etc
- FLUENCY- Modifying and Providing fluency techniques/stragegies to reduce stuttering and cluttering.
STUDENT POPULATION: GENERAL EDUCATION, IRR, MOID K-2, MOID 3-5, MID 3-5
RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION
- VOICE AND FLUENCY
- LANGUAGE: LISTENING COMPREHENSION, EXPRESSION, PRAGMATICS, SEMANTICS, SYNTAX
- UNDERGRADUATE: JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY
- MASTER'S DEGREE: VALDOSTA STATE UNIVERSITY
- PATES CREEK 3rd YEAR
- Traveling around the world
- My most recent trips are Dubai and France
- Running and hiking
- Reading new books
- Playing the piano