Teacher Work Day/No School for Students 02/27/21
Students should use this day to finish up their 2nd Black History Book Report.This was posted at the beginning of February on this webpage and on Class Dojo. Book Reports are due nolater than 3:00 Friday, February 27th. Please see the origianl post for the format and expectations.
The Black History Project has been posted and is due on March 15th. I've gone over this in detail in class with my learners. Please read the entire outline of what is expected for this project. Please see the examples as well for gudiance. This is a great learning opportunity and perfect opportunity to inclue the whole family. Be creative and most of all HAVE FUN!!
02/12/21 Extra Credit Posted Below. Complete and submit through Google Classroom
Monday, January 18, 2021
As we enter the 2nd Semester of 2nd grade, the expectations for classwork has shifted. The 2nd Grade Team of teachers are working hard to help each of our learners become independent learners and thinkers. Before you know it, 3rd grade will be here and we have no time to waste as we continue to prepare them. The below expectations are reviewed everyday in class and each student is aware of their responsibility. We continue to encourage our parents to check behind their learner at the end of their school day to make sure all assignments are completed and submitted. To do this, simply go to Google Classroom and click on the to-do tab list on the left side of the screen.
Classwork Info & Expectations
1. Classwork is uploaded daily after and during lessons. Students are given independent worktime and opportunities to ask questions during class. Students should use this time to work. Please make sure your learner is in a quiet area and able to focus on their lessons and work.
2. Students have a day to complete their work. For example, assignments posted on Tuesday are due on Wednesday. Please know that it is expected for students to use all of their worktime in class to finish so they don't have homework. If they don't finish during class, it becomes homework and due by the next day.
3. Late work will be deducted 10 points for everyday it is late. Please encourage your learner to complete the work when it is posted.
4. Work for the week will be deleted by the start of the next week. Students will be unable to complete work once it is deleted from Google Classroom.
5. Once Classwork is graded and sent back to your learner, it can not be resubmitted for a different grade. Incomplete work will be graded as is.
6. Students are resposible for knowing what is to be completed and when it is due.
Thank you parents for your continued support!
Happy New Year D-Hive!!!!
Welcome to the second semester of 2nd Grade. I hope each of my Brilliant Bees was able to relax and enjoy family over the holidays. Please note that ALL students will be virtual for the first 2 weeks. Please keep a lookout for communication just in case anything changes. As of now, we will resume F2F learning on Monday, January 25th. With all students going back to being virtual, I just want to remind everyone of the virtual expectations:
*Class starts at 7:45. Students are responsible for having their fully charged ipad ready to go once class start.
*Please make sure your learner have all of their materials as well; Pencils, crayons, color pencils, erasers, paper, big math book and workbooks, and science workbooks.
* I will continue to use Class Dojo weekly. If you have any questions, please send me a private message through the app. Email is always an option for communication as well.
* Classwork will continue to be posted in Google Classroom. With this being the second semester, students are expected to be more independent as we get ready for third grade. Allow students to do their work on their own and at the end of the day, you can check their To Do list at the end of the day to make sure they have completed their work from the day. Let's stay on top of this so we can aviod losing points from late/missing assignments and getting zeros.
Thank you parents for the continued support. I really do appreciate you all!
11/12/2020As we strive to provide exceptional support for our students, Henry County Schools acknowledges that our students' parents may also require specific skills in order to support their child academically. Please consider taking a moment to complete this interest survey so that we may develop programs that will offer additional support for our HCS parents.Just a reminder:FVE will host a Virtual Parent Portal Session today, Oct 14th, at 6:00 P.M. Learn how to monitor your child's grades, attendance, update paperwork and access resources to support your child academically. Please use the link below:Join Zoom Meeting
We will be having our math test on Monday (10/05). I'm posting some anchor charts in the Math Google Classroom to help with studying. To review, use your math workbook (the one with the raccoon on it) and review the work that we've done so far. This test will be taken with me posting the questions and the students writing the correct answers choice on a piece of paper(virtual bees). Students at home must keep their cameras on during the test or I will remove them from the testing period. They will not be allowed back in until I finish administering the test.
- Classwork(for next week): Pick-up is available from 8:00 to 1:00 pm tomorrow. This message is for my Virtual Bees! Students do not need to complete any of the work I send home in advance. These are skills that will be introduced during our class time and students will be given time to complete it in class as well as aske questions for understanding.
- Important Annoucement
- Classwork from the month of September will be deleted from all Google Classrooms on Monday, October 5th. I'm giving all students an opportunity to submit work by Sunday. Please note that ALL late work will have points deducted.
This is an opportunity that I do not plan on offering again. I encourage all students that are missing work to go to their google classroom, click on to-do list, and make sure all assignments are completed and submitted. All activities not submitted will recieve a zero.
It is the expectation that work is completed and uploaded by the deadline.
It is the expectation that student submit clear and legible photos in order to recieve credit.
It is the expectation that students are completing their work on their own.
Thank you parents for your help with this!
Homework for the week of September 14th is to work on your book report. Please click on the tab to the left to see the expectations for your first bookreport.
Parents and Students,
This is a friendly reminder that all classwork and homework from this week is due today by 11:59 PM. Please be advised that if work is not turned in, Stuents will not recieve a satisfactory grade. All incomplete work can be found in their Google Classroom. Please see the picture below. You will find all that is due for your learner here. I will be univalible today and will answer all emails sent from today to Monday on Tuesday. Have a great holiday weekend!
Classwoork has been posted daily in your learners Google Classrooms this week. As stated on Monday, this is work that we complete in class sometimes as a whole group and I also give time to work on it independently. My expectation is that students upload their classwork after we log off at 2:00. If completed classwork is uploaded after class ends daily, students will not have a backlog of assignments once Friday comes around. It is also my expectation that students are completing their own work at all times.This is just like regular school days. The assignments posted need to be uploaded by Friday (09/04) at 12 PM as well as weekly homework.
There are many updates and reminders this week. We're starting the 3rd week of school so we should be in the full swing of things at this point. Please be sure to check Class Dojo and this webpage daily. Homework has been uploaded.Please see the homework tab for expectations. It is very important to pay attention to due dates for assignments.
Classwork-This is work that is completed either independently during class time or completed together during whole group. With me giving tine in class to complete, the due date is that same day it is posted. For example, last week, we completed a reading assignment in class together on Thursday. I told my learners that it was to be uploaded after class that day (Thursday). The expectation is for the assignment to be turned in before the end of the day. Our school day online is to reflect a regular school day in the building. If students are on task and following directions during the day, uploading classwork is the easy part! :)
Classwork is due DAILY
Homework is due WEEKLY
Be sure to remind your learner to charge their device. I look forward to seeing all of my learners in class tomorrow!
Quick Q & A with Ms. Drummond TODAY Wednesday, August 19th @ 5!
Click here at that time to join.
Friendly Reminders & Updates
- Be sure to visit the tab labeled,"How to get started on your child’s device" and review the parent guide to student iPads video prior to Monday morning.
- Label composition notebooks as the following; Writing, Math, Warm-Up
- Be sure to have all supplies and materials set up and ready for class. Please have your learner ready to go by 8:25. Attendance will be taken for every class. Students need to be on time so they will not be counted as late.
- Students should have their name tag, the yellow one, (given in the black folder) out in front of them everyday. They can use this as a reference when we’re in class.
- Students should have all of their materials close by while in class. Pencils, black folder, Writing Journal, Math Journal, iPad, and headphones.
- Students should eat breakfast before coming to class. I will need their undivided attention once class starts.
How to login to Classlink
Username: Student ID number (example: 123456)
Password: First and last name initials, six digit birthdate, and # (example: bk090481#-if Beyonce was a student)
When we start class on Monday, students will be able to access a Google meet meeting via Google classroom. We will be starting class with Math. So please click the meet link in the Math classroom. Other classroom links will not work unless I am there.