Red Oak Elementary Virtual Learning FAQs
What will Virtual Learning Look Like?
- Virtual learning will be taught by HCS teachers
- Virtual learning teachers will use a variety of research based instructional strategies
- Students will participate in live and pre-recorded lessons for face to face times with their teachers.
- Students will be involved in all offered courses in a virtual format
- Google and Zoom platforms will be the primary platforms for instruction and school interaction.
Is participation in virtual learning optional?
- Attendance, grading, and accountability will be expectations that teachers have for students, similar to traditional school
- Assessments will be implemented by the district, school, and teachers
- Students will be held accountable for in class learning
Will students be provided with access to technology?
- Kindergarten – second grade students will receive a district issued Ipad.
- New third grade students will receive their chrome book.
- Fourth and fifth grade students will continue to use their school issued chrome book computer.
What if my student receives Special Education services?
- Virtual learning is available for every student with an IEP.
- Students will continue to receive the accommodation and modifications set forth in their IEP.
- Student goals will be addressed as possible via the virtual learning environment.
- All IEP related meetings will be held virtually.
What if my student receives 504 accommodations?
- 504 accommodations will be addressed as possible via the virtual learning environment.
What if my child received EIP, ESOL, or Gifted Services?
- Students will continue to receive all services in a virtual learning environment.
- SST and MTSS meetings will continue as needed in a virtual environment.
Will ROE have open house?
- We will have a virtual open house.
- Your child will find out his/her teacher and curriculum during open house.
- Please continue to watch the school website and teacher communication pages for updated information on open house.
Where are supply lists?
- General grade level supply lists are located on our school home page. Please visit your teacher's specific page for a detailed list, including items needed for virtual learning.
**FAQs will continue to be updated as new questions arise**