Welcome to Ms. Tammy Legg's Web Page!
AP EXAM: MAY 11, 2020, Tuesday 12:00 noon
Subjects I teach: AP Psychology, Psychology/Sociology
- 2020-2021 will be my 31st year teaching (16th at UGHS)!
- I have taught US & World History, Geography, Economics, Government, AP & regular Psychology, Sociology & Yearbook/Journalism (all here at UGHS, except US History)!
- Attended Riverdale High School ['84], Clayton State University (A.A.) ['88], Georgia State University (B.S.Ed., with honors) ['90], & Georgia Southern University (M.S.Ed., 4.0 GPA) ['18]
- Have taught in Clayton, Fayette, Butts, Spalding & Henry counties
- Recently moved to Peachtree City (born in Atlanta and grew up in Clayton County)
- Married to Wayne Legg for 30 years
- Two sons: Connor (26); UGHS graduate; serving in the US Navy; signed to play soccer for Southern Polytechnic State University; majored in Internet Technology. Daniel (21), UGHS graduate, played soccer/percussionist in marching band, serving in the US Air Force
- Hobbies: crossfit, reading, martial arts, gardening, design, snow skiing, softball, playing trivia, watching movies and sports
It's been my great honor to have been:
named to Who's Who Among America's Teachers six times,
named a Miracle Worker by a student at Fayette County HS,
Teacher of the Month twice at Jackson HS and once at UGHS,
Teacher of the Year finalist at Jackson HS,
- nominated for Teacher of the Year at UGHS,
- named STAR teacher three times (Jackson HS),
- nominated for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Teacher Award at Eagle's Landing MS,
- chosen a Teacher Superlative by the students at UGHS twelve times,
- chosen by the seniors of 2013, 2014 and 2015 for graduation Who's Who teachers; and,
- nominated for the Disney American Teacher Awards at Jackson HS.
- Certifications: Broad-Field Social Science 7-12/Gifted Social Studies, AP Psychology, AP US History, English, Teacher Support Specialist/Mentor, Student Support Team Leader
- Member: American Psychological Association; Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi & Pi Lambda Theta/Phi Delta Kappan honor societies
It's my goal for my class to be your favorite of the day! Click on your class content area to get information about your class! PLEASE sign up for remind immediately!
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about my class.