Eagle’s Landing Middle School Families:
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the Eagle’s Landing Middle School Athletics website. The athletic program in our school is rich in pride and tradition. Extra-curricular activities provide the student-athletes lifetime values of self-discipline, teamwork, respect, and good sportsmanship. ELMS offers a wide variety of athletic programs, including basketball, competitive cheerleading, football, softball, track & field, wrestling, and volleyball. We invite you to attend our various athletic events to support our student-athletes and witness “Our Eagles SOAR”.
However, there are certain criteria that a student must meet before participating in any sport at ELMS. To be eligible to try out or to participate in a middle school athletic activity, students must meet the following academic criteria:
● Pass 5 out of 6 academic subjects in the semester immediately prior to competition.
● 7th graders cannot turn 15 prior to May 1st and 8th graders cannot turn 16 prior to May 1st
● Have a Physical Exam completed by a doctor (doctor must fill out the form provided by our school).
● Parent/guardian and student signatures on Consent Forms (must provide proof of insurance) ● Parent/guardian and student signatures on Heat Acclimation Form
● Parent/guardian signature on Sudden Cardiac Arrest form
● Parent/guardian and student signatures on Henry County’s Code of Conduct.
All forms can be downloaded from this website. These forms must be completely filled out before any student-athlete can try out or participate in any sport. These forms are valid for this school year only. Every student-athlete must have a current physical to tryout and/or participate in any sport at Eagle’s Landing Middle School.
We thank you in advance for your commitment and dedication to the Eagle’s Landing Middle School Athletic Program.