Eagle’s Landing Middle School Families:
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the Eagle’s Landing Middle School Athletics website. The athletic program in our school is rich in pride and tradition. Extra-curricular activities provide the student-athletes lifetime values of self-discipline, teamwork, respect, and good sportsmanship. ELMS offer a wide variety of athletic programs including basketball, competitive cheerleading, football, softball, track & field, wrestling, and volleyball. We invite you to attend our various athletic events to support our student-athletes and witness “Our Eagles SOAR”.
However, there are certain criteria that a student must meet before participating in any sport at ELMS. To be eligible to try out or to participate in a middle school athletic activity, students must meet the following academic criteria:
- Pass 3 out of 4 academic subjects in the semester immediately prior to competition.
- Have a cumulative semester connections average above 70 in the semester immediately prior to competition.
- 7th graders cannot turn 15prior to May 1st and 8th graders cannot turn 16 prior to May 1st
- Have a Physical Examcompleted by a doctor (doctor must fill out the form provided by our school).
- Parent/guardian and student signatures on Consent Forms (must provide proof of insurance)
- Parent/guardian and student signatures on Heat Acclimationform
- Parent/guardian signature on Sudden Cardiac Arrest form
- Parent/guardian and student signatures on Henry County’s Code of Conduct.
All forms can be downloaded from this website. These forms must be completely filled out before any student-athlete can tryout or participate in any sport. These forms are valid for this school year only. Every student-athlete must have a current physical to tryout and/or participate in any sport at Eagle’s Landing Middle School.
We thank you in advance for your commitment and dedication to the Eagle’s Landing Middle School Athletic Program.
Dr. Natasha M. Nicks