June 2023 Trip to Rome, Athens and the Greek Isles : Trip to Athens and Greece June 2023
Meet Mrs Bates and hear about the ECE Pathway: ECE Video IntroTo reasearch Jobs, Colleges, Interest Surveys:Link to Teens Teaching Tots Preschool : Jan 2023-April 2023 Registration Form 2023Link to online textbook: Working With Young Children - thanks to Goodheart Wilcox ! pw: a3967c34bcf65c1aLink to online textbook activities Working With Young Children
Teacher: Lisa Grey Bates
Union Grove Students to the Early Childhood Education Pathway !!!
"Parents are a child's first and most important teacher." Lisa Grey Bates
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." Eleanor Roosevelt
Email Address: email@example.com
Adviser: Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
Subjects that I Teach:
Year 1 Early Childhood Education 1
Year 2 Early Childhood Education 2
Year 3 Early Childhood Education 3
Subscribe to Remind Texts for your ECE class:
Year 3 send @eceyear3 to 81010 Syllabus ECE 3 syllabus year 3
Year 2 send @eceyear2 to 81010 Syllabus ECE 2 syllabus year 2
Year 1 send @eceyear1 to 81010 Syllabus ECE 1 syllabus year 1
FCCLA send @ughsfccla to 81010
Join Google Classroom for FCCLA: class code: gx5qdkm
Seniors who plan to Major in Education send @teachiwill to 81010
Learn more about FCCLA: link to FCCLA National link to FCCLA GA
First year students will have the opportunity to learn
- about the development and growth of babies and young children, and discover how they learn and grow.
- to take home a "Real Care" baby to experience a simulation of full time infant care.
- improve employability skills and knowledge and will create a resume and participate in a Mock Job Interview.
Second (and third) year students will
- practice skills to become more employable
- taking a closer look at Education as a career
- develop 1st Aid and CPR skills
- have the opportunity to teach young children as a part of the Teens Teaching Tots preschool during 2nd Semester.
Third year students will
- also be practicing employability by working in a job shadow role (internship) in an Early Childhood classroom (at an elementary school or daycare) with the guidance of an Elementary School teacher or Early Childhood teacher giving them the opportunity to better understand the world of work for professionals who choose to work with young children and families.
All students will also be developing professional paperwork and interview skills needed to apply for, qualify, and keep a job.
Membership in FCCLA will give any student opportunities to
1) Learn to Lead Others
2) have FUN with friends
3) Travel/go on Field Trips!!!
4) and gain REAL LIFE skills. link to google form to Join FCCLA 22-23
UG FCCLA Membership form
I love what I teach and look forward to working with you!
I encourage all of my students to be the best student, family member, friend, teacher, and team member they can be.
Powerful beyond measure...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson (from Akeelah and the Bee the movie)
Henry County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. You may access additional information at https://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/Page/49720
In memory of my mom:Mary Basden GreyBorn: January 21, 1939Died: August 28, 2013"Get your education, it is something that no one can ever take away from you"