June 2022 Trip to Switzerland Italy & France Info : June 2022 tour informationSubscribe to Remind Texts for your ECE class:Year 3 send @eceinterns to 81010 Syllabus ECE 3 ECE 3 SyllabusYear 2 send @eceyear2 to 81010 Syllabus ECE 2 ECE 2 SyllabusYear 1 send @eceyear1 to 81010 Syllabus ECE 1 ECE 1 SyllabusFCCLA send @ughsfccla to 81010 Join Google Classroom for FCCLA: class code: gx5qdkmSeniors who plan to Major in Education send @teachiwill to 81010Learn more about FCCLA: link to FCCLA National link to FCCLA GA Membership Application for FCCLA UGHSView a Welcome Message from UGHS Virtual Open House: UGHS Open House Fall 2020
August 2020 Early Childhood Education Parents & Students:
-please send me an email at email@example.com with student name and class period (1st period) in the subject line. This will help me reach you easily by email going forward!
- Students: Please JOIN Remind Texts for your class and for FCCLA, form to Join fccla is below
- don't worry about supplies right now. I will share more information about supplies when we are coming back face to face. Most of you will just need a composition book (for daily warm ups and notes/vocabulary) and a three ring binder (1" or 2" is fine)
- Students: plan to be ON GOOGLE MEET according to the block schedule shared here:Letter from the Principal Dr. Meeks as of July 29, 2020: Remote Learning Letter to UG FamiliesHCBOE Virtual Calm Room for students and teachers! Enter Virtual Calm RoomTo reasearch Jobs, Colleges, Interest Surveys: Virtual Job Shadow login (also available from launchpad) also found on launchpadLink to Teens Teaching Tots Preschool : Registration form will be made available in October of 2020 for 2021 class!Link to School Calendar for 20-21: 20-21 School CalendarLink to online textbook: Working With Young Children - thanks to Goodheart Wilcox ! pw: a3967c34bcf65c1aLink to online textbook activities Working With Young ChildrenTeacher: Lisa Grey BatesWelcomeUnion Grove Students to theEarly Childhood Education Pathway !!!"Parents are a child's first and most important teacher." Lisa Grey Bates
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." Eleanor RooseveltEmail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adviser: Family, Career and Community Leaders of AmericaSubjects that I Teach:Early Childhood Education PathwayYear 1 Early Childhood Education 1Year 2 Early Childhood Education 2Year 3 Early Childhood Education 3_______________________________________________________
First year students will have the opportunity to learn
Second (and third) year students will
about the development and growth of babies and young children, and discover how they learn.
to take home a "Real Care" baby to experience a simulation of full time infant care.
improve employability skills and knowledge and will create a resume and participate in a Mock Job Interview.
Third year students will
- practice skills to become more employable
- taking a closer look at Education as a career
- develop 1st Aid and CPR skills
- have the opportunity to teach young children as a part of the Teens Teaching Tots preschool during 2nd Semester.
- also be practicing employability by working in a job shadow role (internship) in an Early Childhood classroom (at an elementary school or daycare) with the guidance of an Elementary School teacher or Early Childhood teacher giving them the opportunity to better understand the world of work for professionals who choose to work with young children and families.
All students will also be developing professional paperwork and interview skills needed to
apply for, qualify, and keep a job.
Membership in FCCLA will give any student opportunities to
1) Learn to be a LEADER
2) have FUN with friends
3) Travel/go on Field Trips!!!
4) and gain REAL LIFE skills.
I love what I teach and look forward to working with you!I encourage all of my students to be the best student, family member, friend, teacher, and team member they can be.
Mrs. BatesPowerful beyond measure...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson (from Akeelah and the Bee the movie)Henry County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. You may access additional information at https://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/Page/49720In memory of my mom:Mary Basden GreyBorn: January 21, 1939Died: August 28, 2013"Get your education, it is something that no one can ever take away from you"