Mrs. Maldonado 2nd grade
2nd Grade Padlet (Password is learn)
In order to make things easier, I will be posting the students' daily activities and links. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Friday, April 3
- ClassLink McGraw Hill. Go to assignments and complete Unit 5 Lesson 5 Day 5. Send me a picture of the completed worksheet. ( This will be a grade).
- The following passages are grades from last week and this week, The Buzz About Honey and The Perfect Sandcastle. Please read the passages and answer the questions if you haven`t done it yet. To complete these assignments, click here.
The class code is LLPDR6 and the password is 1234.
-ClassLink HMH. ( This will be a grade)
-Lesson 5 - Check Understanding: Different Ways to Show Equal Shares.
-Lesson 5- On your Own: Different Ways to Show Equal Shares.
3- Use this day to finish any uncomplete work.
We understand that online learning is inconvenient for many and we want to help as much as we can.
All phonics and HMH assignments were posted for our remote learning weeks. If you still have uncompleted assignments, today and the next couple days could be used to complete all assignments listed. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.
4- Enjoy your break! Do something fun with your family and stay safe.
Thursday, April 2
ClassLink McGraw Hill. Complete the activities from Unit 5 Lesson 5 Day 4
-Sound Spelling Card
-Blending Interactive Practice
-Game: Air Hare
ClassLink HMH. Complete the following lessons:
- Lesson 5: Interactive Lesson Spark your Learning
- Lesson 5: Task 1 Different Ways to Show Equal Shares
-Lesson 5: Task 2- Different Ways to Show Equal Shares
- Lesson 5: More Practice/Homework- Different Ways to Show Shares
3- Google Meet.
- I will like to meet with Ella, Yousef, Madison, and Kai`Dynce today at 12:00 pm.
To join the meeting just Click here.
4- Do something Fun!!
Wednesday, April 1
- ClassLink McGraw Hill. Go to assignments and complete unit 5 Lesson 5 Day 3. Read the practice decodable story: The Koi at the Dragon Gate. Complete the skill practice worksheet and upload a picture to your ClassDojo portfolio or send it via e-mail.
- Go to ReadWorks, read the story Perfect Sand Castle and answer the questions. The class code is LLPDR6 and the password is 1234. Let me know if you need any help.
- I will like to meet today at 11:00 am with Chloe, Adolfo, Cohen, and Karma. To join the meeting Click here.
- ClassLink HMH. Go to assignments and complete lesson 4:
Spark your learning: Show and Describe an Equal Share.
Task 1: Show and Describe an Equal Share.
Task 2: Show and Describe an Equal Share.
Task 3: Show and Describe an Equal Share.
More practice/ Homework: Show and Describe an Equal Share.
3- Social Studies
- Watch and listen to the video about Juliette Gordon Low.
- Complete the graphic organizer Click Here
4- Have Fun!!!!
Tuesday, March 31
- ClassLink McGraw Hill. Listen to the sound card, and read the decodable story: How Roy Got a Toy Drum.
-Repeated Lines of a song Watch and listen to Mrs.Howell. When you are done watching the video, create a poem or song with repeated lines. Send me a picture or video of your poem or song.
- ClassLink Read Theory. Work on Read Theory for 10-15 minutes.
- ClassLink HMH. Go to your assignments and complete the following:
-Spark your learning- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
-Task 1- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
-Task 2- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
-More Practice/ Homework- Identify and Describe Equal Shares
3- Google Meeting.
- Today I will like to meet with the following students (Sergio, Alan Le, Alan Soto, Heidi, Kaleb, and Ahniya). The meeting will be at 11:00 am. To join the meeting, juts Click Here
4- Have an awesome day, and thank you for working so hard.
Monday, March 30
- ClassLink McGraw Hill. Go to the assignments and complete Unit 5 Lesson 5 Day 1.
- Click on the link to our 2nd grade padlet. Watch and listen to Mrs. Johnson`s video:
Main Idea and Details- Juliette Gordon Low: an interactive reading.
After watching and listening to Mrs.Johnson, complete the 5W`s graphic organizer located above her video.
- Meeting at 11:00m with Elan, Raigan, Khloe, Kennedi. Here is the link Creek Group
Tomorrow I will meet with my Sequoyah Group (Sergio, Alan Le, Alan Soto, Heidi, Kaleb). More information will be posted on ClassDojo.
- Join Mrs. Bryant for a little Tea Party Click Here.
- ClassLink HMH. Using this link, go to your HMH app. Once you are in your HMH account, go to assignments and complete the following assignments:
-Interactive Lesson: Spark your Learning- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
- Task 1: Building Understanding- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
- Task 2: Building Understanding- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
- Task 3: Building Understanding- Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
- More Practice/ Homework: Identify and Describe Equal Shares.
3- Social Studies
- Watch and listen to the read-aloud Here Come the Girl Scouts!
- Complete the Daisy and Me graphic organizer Daisy and Me
4- Enjoy another Chandler Farms video Click Here
5- Do something Fun !!!
Friday, March 27
2nd Grade Padlet: Read the uploaded passage and answer the questions. Send a picture to your teacher of your completed work.
ClassLink Read Theory 15 minutes.
Go to assignments and complete:
-Math on The Spot Video: Solve Multistep Addition and Subtraction Problems.
- Task 1: Solve Multistep Addition and subtraction Problems.
- Task 2: Solve Multistep Addition and Subtraction Problems.
- Task 3: Solve Multistep Addition and Subtraction Problems.
3- Meeting at 11:00 am with Mrs.M and your friends.
Here is the link to join the meeting: Google Meet
4- Last day of Homeschool Spirit Week.
Today is Pajama Day. Send me pictures!
5- Enjoy your weekend, you did a GREAT job this week!
Thursday, March 26
Go to our 2nd Grade Padlet, watch and listen to today`s video title "Review the ELements of Story Structure".
2nd-grade padlet: Complete the beginning, middle, end graphic organizer with a story you have read.
ClassLink Odysseyware Reading (15minutes)
2nd Grade Padlet: Play the Kahoot game link in our padlet and complete the rows and columns worksheet.
ClassLink Odysseyware math for 15-20 minutes.
If you came up with a cool song for rows and columns, please send me your video.
Watch this video about living things and their environments Living things change.
4- This week, I will love to see everyone in a google meet. Here is the link you need to connect with Mrs. M and your friends tomorrow at 11:00 am Google Meet. Parents can try the link today and let me know if you need any help. The app is also available on your phone's parents and is very easy to download.
5- Don`t forget to celebrate Homeschool Spirit Week!
Today you can wear a Jersey in honor of our favorite sports teams that are not able to play right now. Send me some pictures!
I love that you boys and girls are participating this week. Here is a picture that I got from Alan Soto participating yesterday. Thank you, Alan!
Wednesday, March 25
2nd Grade PAdlet: Watch and listen to the recorded lesson on Story Structure by Ms. Johnson. Complete the end of the graphic organizer The Mittens.
Watch and listen to Mrs.Howell`s video on Rhyming Words. Rhyming Words RL4
2nd Grade Padlet: Watch and listen to Ms.Booker's lesson about Alliteration.
BrainPop Jr. Enjoy this video and complete the quiz.
User name: des1920
2nd Grade Padlet: Watch and listen to Mrs. M`s video on partitioning rectangles. When you are done watching the video complete the partitioning rectangles worksheet. You will find the worksheet right below my video. Send me pictures of your work!
If you accept my challenge, please send me your video.
Problem of the day: Today`s math problem
ClassLink. Work on odysseyware for 15 minutes.
ClassLink HMH Lesson Quiz: How Do Environments Change Over Time?
4- Don`t forget to celebrate Homeschool Spirit Week!
Today is Dress Like an Old Person Day. This is in honor of the generation that is most at risk. Don`t forget to send me pictures!
Thank you Khloe for wearing our school color yesterday
Tuesday, March 24
Use the link 2nd Grade Padlet above, to listen to today`s video Story Structure by Mrs. Johnson. Here is the story The Mittens if you still completing the graphic organizer.
If you completed the graphic organizer from yesterday`s lesson, watch and listen to the story Stephanie's Ponytail by Robert Munsch. After listening to the story, write what happened at the beginning and in the middle of the story.
ClassLink Read Theory for 15 minutes. Remember to do this on your own and just do the best you can.
Click on the 2nd Grade Padlet link above and complete the worksheet Divide it!
You will find the worksheet under the math column.
ClassLink Odysseyware for 15 minutes (math).
Problem of the day:
Today`s math problem. When you completed the problem send me a picture.
ClassLink Go to the assignments and listen to the student digital lesson
How are living things adapted to their environment?
4- Art Mrs.Howard
5- Music Ms.Johnson
6-Don't forget to celebrate Homeschool Spirit Week!
Today is Crazy Hair/ School Colors Day!
Don`t forget to send me pictures.
Monday, March 23
Watch and listen to the story The Mitten.
Watch and listen to Ms. Johnson video lesson about Story Structure
Click on 2nd-grade Padlet link above password learn
Complete the story structure, graphic organizer that is under Mr.Johnson`s video. (Parents can save the document and e-mail it to the teacher).
-Watch and listen to Mrs.Bryant's video about partitioning rectangles into rows and columns.
Click on the 2nd-grade Padlet link above password learn.
- Complete the Making Rectangles Activity Sheet below her video. If printing this is not a possibility, the student can answer the questions in another sheet of paper. Please send me pictures of the completed activity.
- Problem of the day:
One day a huge monster was tromping through the woods. He knocked down 3 trees with every step. It took him 5 steps to get through the forest. How many trees did he knock down?
ClassLink 20 minutes (reading or math)
4- Chandler Farms video #3
5- Have some fun and celebrate Homeschool Spirit Week!
Send me pictures!
I will love to post your picture if you send me one.
Friday, March 20
The Recess Queen watch and listen to the book and take an AR test.
The Bad Seed watch and listen to the book and take an AR test.
ClassLink 15 minutes in reading and 15 minutes in math.
3- Do something fun with your family and be safe.
4- Enjoy your weekend.
Thursday, March 19
ClassLink Unit 5 Lesson 4 Day 3
Skill practice worksheet and Unit 5 game Power PuP.
-e-mail or send pictures of the completed worksheet to your teacher.
Complete math worksheets send home.
Odysseyware math 20 minutes.
watch and listen to the book The Best Seat in Second Grade by Katharine Kenah. Take an AR test and send your teacher an e-mail with your AR test score.
4- Watch Mrs.Pasch`s videos from Chandler Farms
Chandler Farms Day1
Chandler Farms Day 2
Watch this BrainPop video Humans and the environment.
Take the review quiz when you are done with the video.
user name: des1920
Padlet password learn
Scroll down under the ELA-reading/Writing column, watch the video dated 3/17/19. Watch today`s video and complete the activities.
Wednesday, March 18
1-Phonics: Sound card and decodable story (The Lion and the Mouse).
ClassLink McGraw Hill
Unit 5 Lesson 4 Day 2
2- Math: Partition Rectangles
Module 22 Lesson 1
On your own.
ClassLink Read Theory 15-20 minutes.
(Please allow the student to complete the questions on their own. This is very important to build reading comprehension.)
ClassLink 15- 20 minutes (reading or math)
Moon phases journal.
Tuesday, March 17
1- Phonics: Sound spelling card, skill practice page, and blending practice.
Unit 5 Lesson 4 Day 1
Module22 Lesson 1 task 2 Partition Rectangles
Kahoot 2D & 3D Shapes review
3- Reading comprehension.
ClassLink Read Theory
Read two stories and answer the comprehension questions.
ClassLink 15- 20 minutes ( math or reading)
Continue tracking the moon in your moon journal calendar.
Kahoot Pin #0790836