Department of Labor
Work Permit Instructions
1. Go online to: dol.georgia.gov
2. Select "Laws and Rules"
3. Under "Laws and Rules" select "Child Labor"
4. Select "Get a Youth Work Permit Online"
5. Select the " Minor" option on the online work permit system.
6. Enter the Social Security Number or Parent Alien Certification number, date of birth, and then select " Start New Permit"
7. Enter name, address, parent's name, etc. and select "Submit"
8. Ensure all fields are correct and complete.
9. Select "Submit". Minor will receive a 10 character " Minor Security Key"( MSK).
10. Print the Work Permit Confirmation Page and submit to employer to complete the Employer section online.
11. The employer must follow instructions from 1-4 from above .
12. Click on " Employer".
13. Complete the information. You will need to refer to the student's printed copy for the Minor Security Key( MSK).
14. Once the permit is complete, take it to your school along with a certified copy of your birth certificate. Allow for a 24hr turnaround time from the school for the final permit.
15. Here is the link for your convenience.