Welcome to Kindergarten! Dr. Pierrie and Ms. Miller will be your child’s teachers this year and we are looking forward to an exciting year! Our philosophy is that children come first and we make it a priority to provide ALL students with a quality education that is tailored to their specific learning style.
There are several exciting things that will be happening in our classroom this year:
- We will be communicating with you via phone, e-mail, folders, or in-person weekly.
- There will be a weekly assessment given in reading and/or math on Fridays to monitor your child’s progress of Kindergarten standards.
- Grades will be recorded and sent home weekly.
- We will be using a classroom management app called Class Dojo to monitor your child’s behavior throughout the day. Students will have the opportunity to choose the number of points that they will earn each week. Once they receive those number of points, they will participate in our Fun Friday activities that includes, treats, dancing, and organized play. You can also use Class Dojo as a quick way to get in contact with us.
- We are extremely active teachers. Therefore, you can expect for your child to be moving, learning, and developing their social skills throughout the day.
Dr. Pierrie will be providing her cell phone number for you to reach her via text or phone call if you ever have any questions or concerns. This would be the BEST way to get in touch with her. She is quick to respond to all messages, but if you do not hear back from her within 24 hours, please feel free to call the school and leave a message with the front office staff.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to getting to know you and your child!
Dr. Pierrie and Ms. Miller
School Phone: (770) 474-8743