Welcome To Kindergarten!Teacher Name: Diane MinskerSchool Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgSubjects I Teach: ELA, Phonics, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Writing.
All About Ms. Minsker
Hi, I am Diane Minsker and welcome to Kindergarten! I was born and raised in upstate New York. After I graduated high school I was accepted into the teaching program at SUNY Potsdam. I received my BA in Early Childhood/Childhood Education and my MA in Literacy. This year will be my fifth year teaching and my third at Oakland Elementary. Goooo Owlssss! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to keep communication open between us and I would love to talk to you whenever you feel the need.
Classroom Supply List for the 2019-2020 School year:
Writing Journal with picture box-Writing Journal with Picture Box
Expo Markers (Dry Erase markers)
24 Pack of Crayola Crayons
Two plastic folders with prongs for Homework and Portfolio-Paper folders will not last all year long!
Box of Kleenex
Plastic ziplock bags
Kindergarten Information-Parents & Guardians
- Kindergarten students are responsible for learning at least 100 sight words by the end of the school year. Please help your child practice and learn these words! You can find the page of sight words I use in class below. Once your child has mastered a list move on to the next list. (list one, list two, list three and so on) It is crucial to review old sight words your child has mastered so they retain the information. Sight words are extremely important in assisting your child with reading. Kindergarten students are expected to be reading at a level D by the end of the school year.
- Read to your child or have your child read to you for 10 minutes a night!-Article on Reading
- Different ways to learn sight words at home!-Sight Word Activities
- Please continue to practice counting to 100 with your child and learning the letters/sounds of the alphabet!
- Please send your child with a bookbag daily! Information is sent home each day in their take home folder.
- Storyline Online-Actors reading children's books along with animated illustrations from the story.
- Starfall-Phonics and ELA games
- PBS Kids-ELA and Math games
- Dream Box Learning-Math games
- Brain Pop Jr. -Science, Social Studies, ELA, Math activities/videos/games
- Counting to 100-Video we use in class to help us practice counting to 100.
- Counting to 20-Video we use in class to help us practice counting to 20.
- Alphabet Song-Video we use in class to practice letter identification and letter sounds.
- ABCYA-Phonics, ELA, and Math games
- Alpha Blocks-Video used to reinforce letter identification and letter sounds.
- Cool Math-Math Games.
Our Class Motto:
Today is a great day to learn something new!
Practice Makes Progress!
Our Class Rules:
1. Follow Directions Quickly.
2. Raise Your Hand To Talk.
3. Use Helpful Hands & Words.
4. Make Good Choices