Welcome To Kindergarten!2021-2022Teacher Name: Diane MinskerParaprofessional: Delmetria WarrenSchool Email Address: email@example.comSubjects I Teach: ELA, Phonics, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Writing.
All About Ms. Minsker
Hi, I am Diane Minsker and welcome to Kindergarten! I was born and raised in upstate New York. After I graduated high school I was accepted into the teaching program at SUNY Potsdam. I received my BA in Early Childhood/Childhood Education and my MA in Literacy. This year will be my sixth year teaching and my fourth at Oakland Elementary. Goooo Owlssss! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to keep communication open between us and I would love to talk to you whenever you feel the need.
Kindergarten Information-Parents & Guardians
- Kindergarten students are responsible for learning at least 100 sight words by the end of the school year. Please help your child practice and learn these words! You can find the page of sight words I use in class below. Once your child has mastered a list move on to the next list. (list one, list two, list three and so on) It is crucial to review old sight words your child has mastered so they retain the information. Sight words are extremely important in assisting your child with reading. Kindergarten students are expected to be reading at a level D by the end of the school year.
- Read to your child or have your child read to you for 10 minutes a night!-Article on Reading
- Different ways to learn sight words at home!-Sight Word Activities
- Please continue to practice counting to 100 with your child and learning the letters/sounds of the alphabet!
- Please send your child with a bookbag daily! Information is sent home each day in their take home folder.