2020-2021 Wrestling Information
ALL SCHOLAR-ATHLETES TRYING OUT FOR WRESTLING WILL NEED TO HAVE CURRENT PHYSICAL ON FILE WITH COACH SELLERS BEFORE THEY ARE ALLOWED TO TRY OUT. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY WAY UNLESS YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL ON FILE. Please see Coach Sellers and let him know if you are planning to try out so that he can confirm that all required paperwork is on file.
Condition/Tryouts will begin on November 9, 2020, from 4:45 to 6:45. In order to be eligible to try out you must meet the following conditions:
- Have a current physical on file.
- Meet Academic Requirements (Passing 5-6 classes).
- Parent meeting at 6:45 on 11/12/20 in the DMS cafeteria.
Conditioning, tryouts, and practices will be held in the DMS cafeteria. We will condition, tryout, and practice daily from 4:45-6:45 pm each day. Pack cold-weather apparel EACH day.
For tryouts, each person trying out should bring the following:
- T-Shirt, Sweats, tennis shoes and shorts. (Sweatpants and long-sleeve T-shirt PREFERRED)
- Wrestling shoes if you have them. If this is your first time trying out, I would wait to purchase shoes, so bring an extra pair of clean socks--NOT the ones you wore to school.
- Headgear if you already have it.
- Water bottle.
- Wrestling mouthpiece (mandatory if you have braces)
- Energy, Effort, Enthusiasm, and an appetite for learning.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact DeMarcus Sellers at Dutchtown Middle school.**Forms can be found on the Athletics webpage under Important Information**