Football Updates for the 2022 Season
Acclimatization for football will start on August 1st from 5:00 to 6:30 on Monday and will continue from 4:30 to 6:30 the remainder of the week. This is a mandatory event. Scholars must complete 5 days of acclimatization before they can receive any equipment and be considered for the final roster. Official tryouts will begin on August 3rd and continue through August 12th. In order to participate, scholars must have a current physical on file and be academically eligible.
What is the academic eligibility requirement? To be eligible to try out or participate in a middle school activity, students must meet the following academic criteria:
- Pass three (3) out of four (4) academic subjects in the semester immediately prior to competition.
- Have a cumulative semester connections average above 70 in the semester immediately prior to competition.
Is a physical required? Yes. In order to participate in athletics, you must have a physical (GHSA form) on file with your school Athletic Director. Additionally, you must have the Henry County Information and Consent form on file with your school Athletic Director. Both forms are required prior to being allowed to try out. Both forms can be found on this website in the "Athletic Forms" section.
The following items will be required daily:
- Water bottle (water fountains will not be available)
- 2 pair of shoes (Tennis shoes and cleats)
- Asthma Pump or any other additional items needed
All Athletic forms required can be accessed HERE
Required forms include:
- Parent Consent Form
- Football Practice Regulations
- GHSA - Heat Policy
- GHSA - Concussion Awareness Form
- Physical Evaluation Form
- Preparticipation History for Athletes with Disabilities
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
To upload and submit all required forms, please go to the following website:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Coach Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org