Welcome to DMS Athletic Page
DMS Athletics Information
Football – ongoing but we are still allowing students to come out to tryout
Softball – Tryouts will be August 5th and 6th 4:30 to 5:30
Cheer – August 9th 4:30 to 6:00
Girls’ Basketball – October 25th
Boys Basketball November 1st
Wrestling – November 1st
Track – February (date will be released later)
Volleyball – February (date will be released later)
Requirements to Participate
Scholars must be academically eligible.
What is the academic eligibility requirement? To be eligible to try out or to participate in a middle school activity, students must meet the following academic criteria:
- Pass three (3) out of four (4) academic subjects in the semester immediately prior to competition.
- Have a cumulative semester connections average above 70 in the semester immediately prior to competition.
Scholars must have a current physical on file. This includes the physical evaluation and all supplementary forms.
Items needed at tryout/practices:
- Water bottle (water fountains will not be available)
- Appropriate attire for the particular sport.
- Asthma Pump or any other additional items needed
If you have any questions feel free to contact Coach Williams email@example.comThe focus of Dutchtown Middle School Athletics is not only on broadening the fundamentals of the sport and encouraging the enjoyment of the recreation but more importantly, developing the character of the student-athlete.
Dutchtown Wins Sportsmanship Award