Frequently Asked Questions
What is Personalized Learning?
Personalized Learning is a student-centered, individualized, self-directed learning experience that promotes content mastery and creates 21st century critical thinkers, independent problem solvers, and lifelong learners.
Why is ELHS pursuing Personalized Learning?
Our mission is to educate each for the benefit of all. Student learning is the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school. Personalized Learning with help us pursue greater opportunities to support students striving for success. We are committed to working to provide the optimal learning experience for each student.
How will learning be personalized at ELHS?
Learning will be based on the Dynamic Classroom model. We will organize learning with playlists and use a variety of teaching strategies to provide students with voice and choice in their learning. Playlists are documents that include work to be done and the options for how it is to be done.
What can you expect to see in class?
- Learning organized by playlists that explain what will be learned and the ways learning can be accomplished.
- Conferencing between Teachers and Students to support student success.
- A blend of classroom activities from lecture to digital activities.
- Students and Teachers working together to reach goals.
- Opportunities for students to share their learning with a variety of audiences.
- Focus on understanding student needs to support academic growth.
- Opportunities to use 21st century skills and develop career readiness.
Are you ready to play a part?
We would love to have you…
- host a field trip or job shadow.
- attend school events.
- participate in mock interviews.
- become a mentor.