Flippen Elementary General Music Syllabus
Mrs. Kimberly Lott, Flippen 770-954-3522, Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org Conference times are before and after school. Please email for weekly availability.
Welcome to music class! I am looking forward to working with each one of you this year. The general music course is a mandatory performance based class. In general music, students will actively sing a variety of songs, play on classroom instruments, and incorporate a variety of movement into the curriculum. Students will learn how to read basic rhythms and pitches. Students will listen to and perform diverse music genres from various composers and regions.
Student Learning Objectives
Students will read and notate music for practice and performance. Students will listen, analyze, and describe music in relationship to other art forms (i.e. dance and drama) and other core subject matter (i.e. science and math). Students will also understand music in its connection to history and culture.
Using the following scale students in General Music will be assessed.
3 = Meets Standard: The student understands the skill or concept and shows a clear thought process.
2 = In Progress: The student cannot completely apply the skill or concept on his own, but has some understanding.
1 = Does Not Meet: The student has no understanding of the skill or concept.
Rules and Outcomes
- Pause to listen to directions the first time they are given.
- Give respect to all adults and students.
- Engage in the learning process by giving our personal best at all times.
- Strive to make our school a safe place and clean place to learn.
- 1st Offense – Complete a Refocus Sheet
- 2nd Offense – Complete a Refocus Sheet and Parent Contact
- 3rd Offense – Parent Contact and Office Referral
*Depending on the severity of offense certain steps may be skipped.