2016-17 Calendar of Events:
Thursday, September 8, 2016 - 2016-17 PTO Kick off meeting and Officer Elections (6:30 PM - School Commons Area)
Thursday, September 15, 2016 – State of the School Address (6:30 PM - School Gym)
Wednesday, October 12, 2016 – CTAE Interview Fair (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
Friday October 21, 2016 – PTO lead tailgate/block party (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM (School Parking Lot)
Thursday, November 3, 2016 – PTO General Meeting (6:30 PM - School Commons Area)
January - March, 2017 - PTO sponsored ACT/SAT prep sessions (Saturdays 10:00 AM - 2 PM)
Thursday, January 12, 2017 – PTO General Meeting (6:30 PM - School Commons Area)
Thursday, March 9, 2017 – PTO General Meeting (6:30 PM - School Commons Area)
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 - Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
Thursday, May 4, 2017 – PTO General Meeting/Elections (6:30 PM - School Commons Area)
To promote superior parental involvement whereby parents play an active and meaningful role in all aspects of the education process by:
1. Working with the school leadership team to disseminate information and lead initiatives that result in superior parental engagement.
2. Providing input into school improvement plan.
3. Advocating and supporting school wide academic achievement efforts.
4. Supporting faculty and staff recognition initiatives for a job well done.
David Kimbro, Sr. – President
Venesha Bryant – Vice President
Shelia Windley – Treasurer
Larry Tyler – Assistant Treasurer
As a parent, grandparent, or caring adult, I hereby affirm my commitment to the academic achievement and career success of my child. I promise to make the pursuit of knowledge a priority in my household.
To demonstrate my commitment to this goal, I pledge to adhere to the following principles:
* My child will be encouraged to read independently each day.
* My child will complete all homework assignments given by school instructors and will be encouraged to ask for help when it is needed.
* My child will arrive at school on time, well-rested, and prepared for a full day of instruction and learning.
* My child will treat teachers and fellow classmates with respect and compassion. I will make positive behavior the expectation in my household.
* My child will graduate from high school and will understand the importance of a strong education in determining future success.
* I will encourage my child to dream big and always give 100 percent effort.
* I will treat my child’s teachers as valuable resources and work with them to support academic improvement and classroom behavior expectations.
* I will monitor my child’s academic growth and stay as involved as possible in my child’s education. I will let the teacher know right away if I notice any problems.
* Together, my child and I, in partnership with Stockbridge High School educators, will make education our #1 priority.For further information: