On this page you will find the standards covered, personalized learning options and resources.
SS8G1 The student will describe Georgia with regard to physical features and location.
a. Locate Georgia in relation to region, nation, continent, and hemispheres.
b. Describe the five geographic regions of Georgia; include the Blue Ridge Mountains, Valley and Ridge, Appalachian Plateau, Piedmont, and Coastal Plain.
c. Locate and evaluate the importance of key physical features on the development of Georgia; include the Fall Line, Okefenokee Swamp, Appalachian Mountains, Chattahoochee and Savannah Rivers, and barrier islands.d. Evaluate the impact of climate on Georgia’s development.
SS8G2 The students will explain how the interstate Highway System, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and Georgia’s Deepwater ports, and the railroads help drive the state’s economy.
a. Explain how the four transportation systems interact to provide domestic and international goods to the people of Georgia.b. Explain how the four transportation systems interact to provide producers and service providers in Georgia with national and international markets.
c. Explain how the four transportation systems provide jobs for Georgians.
Personalized Learning Options
- Direct Instruction - learners will particpate in a PPT presentation. Along with the PPT learners will complete various assignments in their interactive notebook.
- Technology - learners will access the webpage www.usatestprep.com and complete the assignments. Additionally, notes should be taken an added to their interactive notebook as the view and participate in the various activities.
- Individual - learners will complete a flipbook or similar project (with facilitator approval).
Resources for this unit
- Georgia Studies textbook - this resource is only available in the classroom.
- CRCT coach book - this resource is only available in the classroom.
- Flipbook rubric and instructions: Rubric and Instructions
- Map of Georgia for project: Map of GA
- Regions of Georgia assignment for direct instruction group: Land Regions of GA Assignment
- The Marshes of Glynn assignment for direct instruction group: "The Marshes of Glynn"
- Direct instruction questions for INB: Projector Comprehension Questions
- PowerPoints - SS8G1a&b SS8G1c SS8G1d (this PPT covers all standards, d starts on page 100) SS8G2
- Additional PowerPoints: SS8G1 Extra PPT