Degrees and Certifications:
Educational Experience and Background:
Welcome to 3rd grade! My name is Mrs. Roy and I am beyond excited to teach your student here at Tussahaw Elementary School. I have a Bachelors in Elementary and Early Childhood Education from Kennesaw State University and this summer I earned my Masters in Teacher Leadership. I also have my Gifted and STEM Endorsements. This will be my 8th year teaching. Prior to coming to Henry County I worked in an all-male charter school in Atlanta. I am excited about all of the new possibilities and opportunities to grow as a future leader. Thank you so much for entrusting me with your child's success. Together we will have a fantastic year!
This year is even more exciting because I will be co-teaching with Ms. Camp! We will be using flexible grouping to ensure that each of our students receives the best instructional strategies possible, so that they can reach their highest potential.
1) My daughter will turn two on September 12.
2) I am a die-hard UGA and 49ers football fan.
3) I come from a family obsessed with WWE wrestling.
4) I am terrified of spiders!
5) I love to create engaging activities in the classroom - just wait your students will be singing "Read It" (to the tune of "Beat It" before long!)
6) I love to travel and have been to more countries than I have states.
7) I love everything pink!
8) My dream place to travel is Australia.
9) My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
10) I have wanted to become a teacher since I was 3 years old.