Welcome to 6th Grade Social Studies!
6th grade ~ Mrs. Gail Schwartz (email@example.com)
Course Description: Sixth grade is the first year of a two-year World Area Studies course. Sixth grade students study Europe, Latin America (including parts of South America), Canada, and Australia. The goal of this course is to get students familiar with the world in which they live. Students will study physical and human geography, different types of government and economics. The history domain focuses primarily on significant events in each region from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
REQUIRED CLASS MATERIALS:
- 1 3 ring BINDER 1-2"
- Colored Pencils
- Pencils, Paper, Pens
- glue stick
- dividers (recommended)
- Be respectful at all times to teacher and classmates
- Participate in class discussions and activities
- Come to class with needed materials
- Prepare for all assessments
- Be responsible and punctual on assignments/projects including make-up work or missed assignments. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain missed work from the teacher. For students who have not been absent: If assignments are not turned in the day they are due, students will receive a late grade.
- No student has the right to interfere with the learning environment.
- As we do not have a textbook, all handouts and assignments must be kept in your binder. All Learner Pathways, PowerPoints, nearpods, and most activity sheets are posted on my Google classroom – students who misplace their copies are responsible for printing a second copy.
**Students need to keep up with their binder, as this will be their resource to study for all tests. **
I look forward to working with your child. It is my goal to keep parents involved and updated about what goes on in class. Weekly emails from our team will be sent out to keep you informed about the on goings on our classrooms. With your support, your child’s effort, and my dedication to learning, this will be a successful year.
**Important information and due dates will be sent via email**