New Hope’s School-wide Discipline Plan for 2020-2021 School Year
Strive to be Bright Knights!
- Our school-wide discipline program is based on a point system and students must earn 85% of the month’s total points to earn Fun Friday.
- The rules are as follows:
Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself
Never give up
Give your best everyday
Have work completed
Talk only at appropriate times and places
Show respect for yourself and others at all times
- Every month teachers will tally points for their students. Students can earn 5 points a day. They can also lose five points a day. It is more positive to refer to them as earning points. The consequences are as follows: warning, walking ½ of recess, walking all of recess, timeout in another classroom and phone call to parent, and office referral. To earn Fun Friday, a student must earn 85% of the month’s points. Students are not penalized for being absent as part of the discipline program. If a student misses days, the percentage needed for Fun Friday is 85% of their days present at school for that month.
- NHE’s teachers give minimal homework. We encourage students to complete homework; however, homework is not part of the discipline plan.
- Daily notes will be sent home to parents in agendas noting loss of point(s) OR sent to you via Class Dojo. Please make sure that as a parent you check and sign the agenda, bee book, or other teacher designated parent communication tool daily.
- Fun Fridays will be devised by each grade level and occur the last Friday of the month. The students that do not earn Fun Friday will work on a reflection and/or class work and will miss the fun activity. If students do not earn Fun Friday and are not present during that time, then they will miss the following recess day(s) to complete the reflection sheet.
- At any time, it is up to the teacher to determine if a student’s action warrants skipping consequences and resulting in an automatic office referral.
- Students may get points taken from our media specialist, paraprofessionals on duty, specials teachers, lunchroom staff, and staff on duty during morning room and bus dismissal. Students should be on their best behavior at all times!