The counseling program at Cotton Indian is designed to be proactive and preventative. All students, K-5, have access to counseling services.
The following are a part of the program:
- Classroom Guidance- Lessons done by Mrs. Brown and Dr. Cody in your child's classroom.
- Small Group Counseling- Groups will focus on a variety of topics based on student/teacher needs. You will be contacted via letter if your child has been recommended to participate in a group.
- Individual Counseling- Students can be seen:
- at the request of a parent/guardian
- at the request of a teacher, staff, or administrator
- though self-referral (using the "I need to see the counselor" slips
- Mentor Program- Teacher or parent requested.