Georgia Milestones represents a significant change and an important opportunity for our state. This opportunity allows us to recalibrate, as a state, and refocus on teaching and learning as a primary emphasis with assessment and accountability serving a supporting role.
– inclusion of constructed-response items in ELA and mathematics, in addition to selected-response items
– inclusion of a writing component (in response to text) at every grade level and course within the ELA assessment;
– inclusion of norm-referenced items in every grade and content area to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison; and transition to online administration over time, with online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil back-up until transition is completed.
Blended: Criterion-Referenced and Norm-Referenced Georgia Milestones will provide:
– criterion-referenced performance information in the form of four performance levels, depicting students’ mastery of state standards
– norm-referenced performance information in the form of national percentiles, depicting how students’ achievement compares to peers nationally
- Selected-Response [aka, multiple-choice] - all content areas
- Multiple-Select (math)
- Multi-part/multi-select (math)
- Evidence-based Selected Response (ELA)
- Constructed Response (ELA and mathematics)
- Extended Constructed Response (ELA and mathematics)
- Extended Writing Response (ELA)
- Tech-enabled drag and drop (math, science, and social studies)