What should my child study to be successful during the First 9 week period?
What can I practice at home with my child to help him/her improve?Math- 1st 9 Weeks
- the place value chart from the millions to the hundredths
- determine the place and value of all numbers from the millions to the hundredths
- explain that each digit is 10 times greater or 10 times less than the one before or after it (77,777,777)
- identify prime and composite numbers 1-100
- list all factors and multiples of all numbers 1-100
- round and estimate numbers to solve problems
- comparing and ordering numbers from the millions to the hundredths
- subtracting fluently with numbers such as 9082-987
- multiply a 1,2, or 3 digit number by a 1 digit number fluently using 2 different strategies
- multiply a 2 digit number by a 2 digit numbers using 2 different strategies
- problem solve using all four operations
- divide using a single digit divisor
- *Students who know their multiplication facts fluently have an easier time with the above concepts. PLEASE drill and practice with your child until they can recite their facts within 2 seconds of hearing or seeing the fact itself.
**Please refer to the Unit 1 Parent Letter attached to weekly newsletters or visit the Georgia Department of Education Website.