Welcome to Unity Grove!
Our school is participating in an important district initiative. It is called Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports. It is an approach to creating a safe and productive learning environment where teachers can teach and all students can learn. We have adopted a unified set of school wide rules. These rules define our expectations for behavior in our school. You will see these rules posted throughout the school and your child will be learning them during his or her first days of school. Our school wide rules are as follows:
Unity Grove Panthers:
- are Prepared
- Act Responsibly
- Work as a Team
- Show Respect
As part of our PBIS process, teachers and staff will:
- Constantly teach and refer to our school wide rules.
- Provide students with more praise than correction.
- Talk to students with respect using a positive language and tone.
- Actively engage everyone in class during instruction
- Look for the positive first and provide frequent feedback and rewards.
We have a chart of our behavior expectations for the different areas in our school in the link below. Please take a few moments to review this with your child. If you have questions about Positive Behavior Support, please contact us at 770-898-8886. We look forward to a wonderful year of teaching and working with your child.