New Hope’s Schoolwide Discipline Plan for 2015-2016 School Year
Strive to be Bright Knights!
- Our schoolwide discipline program is based on a point system and students must earn 85% of the month’s total points to earn Fun Fridays.
- The rules are as follows:
Be a BRIGHT KNIGHT!
Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself
Never give up
Give your best everyday
Have work completed
Talk only at appropriate times and places
Show respect for yourself and others at all times
- Every month teachers will tally points for their students. Students can earn 5 points a day. They can also lose five points a day. It is more positive to refer to them earning points. The consequences are as follows: warning, 10 minutes off recess or ½ of recess, miss all of recess, timeout in another classroom and phone call to parent, and office referral. To earn Fun Friday, a student must earn 80% of the month’s points. Students are not penalized for being absent as part of the discipline program. If a student misses days, the percentage needed for Fun Friday is 80% of their days present at school for that month.
- Fun Fridays will be devised by each grade level and occur the last Friday of the month from 1:30-dismissal. The students that do not earn Fun Friday will come to the cafeteria and work on goal setting and/or work sent by teachers with administrators, counselor, and other school personnel.
· At any time it is up to the teacher to determine if a student’s action warrants skipping consequences and resulting in an automatic office referral.
· Students may get points taken from our media specialist, paraprofessionals on duty, specials teachers, lunchroom staff, and staff on duty during morning room and bus dismissal. Students should be on their best behavior at all times!