Useful Websites and ResourcesMath Workshop Blogsite from Beth Newingham -General GREAT website for math-Math Playground has great games and videos for 3rd - 5th -Lots of great resources and gamesAddition and SubtractionMaking Change Game -
1. Spacey Math- Login and choose operation. Answer math fact before time runs out!
2. Math Mastery: CyberChallenge- Choose operation. Can you answer all the math problems in under a minute?
3. Batter's Up Baseball- Get a base hit, a double, or a home run by completing addition problems.
4. Two Minute Warning Flash card Drills- Choose the operation. How many problems can you solve before the two-minute timer runs out?
5. ArithmAttack- Answer as many problems as you can in 60 seconds!
6. CoolMath 4 Kids: The Number Monster- Choose the operation and difficulty level anywhere from "easy" to "monster."
7. Addition Patterns Practice- Interactive review.
8. Addition Patterns Game- Reinforces above practice activity.
9. Drag and Match Addition- Drag the sum into the box next to the correct addition problem.
10. Subtraction Patterns Practice- Interactive Review.
11. Subtraction Patterns Game- Reinforces above practice activity.
12. Drag and Match Subtraction- Drag the correct answer into the box next to the subtraction problem.
13. Web School: Daily Math: Addition Review- Student responses are scored and can be printed.
14. Web School: Daily Math: Subtraction Review- Student responses are scored and can be printed.
15. Math Fact Cafe- A great site for facts flash cards! Teacher-generated and pre-made facts worksheets also available.
16. Alien Addition- Invading spaceships with addition problems move toward a laser cannon. Answers are placed in the cannon to equalize the invader with the correct answer.
17. Draggable Subtraction- Interactive subtraction with regrouping. Choose number of problems to be solved and the number of digits for the first and second numbers. A great site for addition practice as well.
18. Kidport 3rd Grade Math- Choose Addition or Subtraction with 2 digit numbers. Will include problems with and without regrouping. Interactive, but students will require scratch paper and pencils.
19. Addition With Regrouping- Lesson and interactive practiceDivison
1. Mystery Picture: Division- Match the division problem with the answer to reveal hidden picture.
2. Division by 0-3- Click the "Practice" button for skills review or "Play" for timed games.
3. Division by 4-6- Click "Practice" for skills review, or "Play" for timed games.
4. Division by 7-9- Click "Practice" for skills review, or "Play" for timed games.
5. Division by 1-9- Click "practice" for skills review, or "Play" for timed games.
6. Houghton Mifflin Math Kids: Extra Practice: Division Concepts- Select Lesson 10.1 - 10.9. Each lesson has 10 questions that are scored immediately.
7. Fun Brain: Math Car Racing- Choose operation.
8. Mad Math Minute- Select type of problems and set parameters. Students type in answers and click "Check Answers."
9. Division Lesson and Interactive Practice- Introduces terms such as dividend, divisor, and quotient.
10. Mr. Nussbaum: Speed Math- How many division problems can you answer correctly in 3 minutes?
11. Mr. Nussbaum: Defeat the Math Monster- Destroy the Math Monster and uncover the lost Mayan Treasure by answering math facts.
12. Space Shuttle Launch- Help command central launch a space shuttle. Look at the main command screen to see the math problem. Click on the keypad to the left to enter your answers to the problems.
13. Save the Math Apples- Help the monkey save the apples! Click on the basket with the number to give the answer. Keep clicking the basket to add numbers to your answer.
14. Robot Calculator- Help the robot solve math problems. Click on the calculator keypad to enter your answers to the problems.
15. Spacey Math- Choose DivisionMultiplication
1. RainforestMath- Practice activities include arrays and tables, counting and multiples, extended form, square numbers and factors.
2. Abiator's Times Table Emporium- Flash card practice. Choose facts to be practiced. Good for whole class review. Speed can be set at slow, medium, or fast.
3. Spacey Math- Choose multiplication, log in, and try to destroy the alien ship by completing multiplication facts.
4. Batter's Up Baseball- Score a single, double, or home run by answering single, double, or triple digit multiplication problems. Cool baseball game sound effects.
5. Fun Brain: Math Baseball- Select operation, level, and click "Play Ball" to begin.
6. Math Magician- Can you answer 20 multiplication problems in under a minute?
7. Multiflyer- Multiplication space game. Click "No thank you" on first screen.
Several screens of instructions need to be read before you get to the game.
8. Farm Stand- Multiply the number of apples or eggs by their price to find the total cost.
9. Click on Bricks: Multiplication Facts 1-4- Students click answer to multiplication problem. If the answer is correct, an array of "bricks" (Lego-type pieces) is shown to model.
10. Multiplication Patterns Lesson and Practice- Interactive review of skip counting.
11. Multiplication Patterns Drag & Match- Drag the product next to the problem it matches.
12. Spooky Sequences: Skip Counting by 5- Click the missing number.
13. Spooky Sequences: Skip Counting by 10- This has the word "Demo" across the page, but the activity can be seen behind it.
14. Multiplication for Kids!- Three games to choose from: Multiplication Flash, Multiplication Missing Number and Timed Multiplication.
15. Tables Shooter- Skip counting activity. Select multiplication tables from 2 to 9. Select operation and difficulty level. Ranges from 1 digit x 1 digit to 5 digit x 5 digit.
16. Multiplication Fa, cts Review: All 100 facts from 1 x 1 to 10 x 10- Matching, Concentration, flashcards. From Quia.
17. Meteor Multiplication- Meteor Multiplciation assists students in multiplication as meteors with multiplication problems move toward the star station.
18. Leap Frog: Multiplication Bingo- Go head to head against M.T. Brain in this 'out of t, his world' version of bingo!
19. KidPort 3rd Grade Math: Multiplication to 12- Type in the answer for immediate feedback. No audio.Geometry
1. Names of Polygons- Identify polygons by clicking the correct number of sides.
2. Lines of Symmetry Lesson and Practice- Interactive.
3. Drawing Lines of Symmetry- Students will need pencil and paper.
4. The Symmetrizer- Interactive review lesson.
5. CoolMath4Kids: Geometry- Choose between tessellations, congruency, and angles. Check out the Polyhedral Gallery!
6. Space, Shape & Measure: Angles- A fun, interactive lesson on angles.
7. Quia: Introduction to Angles- Concentration and Memory-style games and flashcards.
8. Bathroom Tiles- A fun (and challenging) activity on rotation, reflection and translation of patterns.
9. Shapes Lesson- Descriptions of plane figures and real-word examples. Followed by interactive practice.
10. Congruent and Similar Figures- Lesson describes both congruent and similar figures and the difference between the two. Followed by interactive practice.
11. Designs and Patterns With Geometric Shapes- Complete the pattern lesson review and practice.
12. Symmetry Video Lesson- Interactive lesson and quizzes.
13. Solid Pattern Pieces- Students name the different faces of solid figures to make objects using a pattern.
14. Flipping Monsters- Can you make all the Space Monsters face to the right?
15. Right Back at You - Move the buttons to create a right, acute, or obtuse angle.
16. World Symmetry: Kaleidoscopes and Symmetry- This is a must see site! See rotational symmetry in a kaleidoscope with your name as the pattern. Interact with a virtual kaleidoscope! Explore symmetry in our world!
17. "Fold" These Shapes Symmetry Lesson - Choose a shape to "fold" online to determine whether or not it's symmetrical. This is an excellent interactive activity! From BBC Schools.
18. 3 Dimensional Shapes- Descriptions and pictures of three dimensional figures. Includes real-world examples. Followed by interactive practice.
19.Three Dimensional Shapes Lesson and Interactive Practice
20. Lesson: Prisms, Pyramids, Cones & Cylinders- Interactive lesson and identification practice.
21. Faces Lesson- Lesson and interactive practice on identifying faces of geometric figures.
22. Coordinate Geometry: What's the Point?- Select the coordinate points being displayed. Three levels of difficulty.
23. Ordered Pairs- Lesson and interactive practice.Measurement
1. Fun Brain: Measure It!- Measure in centimeters or inches.
2. The Ruler Game- Learn To Read A Ruler (inches only - increments from inches to sixteenths)
3. Are We There Yet?- Students select the appropriate unit of measure.
4. Measuring Customary Lengths- Lesson and interactive practice on using the correct tool and unit for measuring.
5. Measure Centimeters- Excellent interactive review. From FunBrain.
6. Fence Me In- Students find the perimeter of a rectangle.
7. Adam Ant Explores Perimeters - Adam Ant walks the perimeters and teaches how to find the perimeter of an object.
8. Weight & Capacity- This video lesson explains weight and capacity and the units to measure each, and then gives your students the chance to show understanding on several quizzes.
9. Estimation of Length- This video lesson explains measurement tools and the units to measure each, and then gives your students the chance to show understanding on several quizzes.
10. Bucky's Blueprints- Choose One Story House and click on Maybe Later when the registration screen comes up. Interactive practice measuring area and perimeter.
11. Measuring Length: Estimation- Lesson and interactive practice on the difference between estimation and actual measurements
12. Houghton-Mifflin Math Kids: Extra Practice: Geometry & Measurement- Select Chapter 17, Lesson 17.1 - 17.7 to practice perimeter, area and volume.
13. BBC Revisewise Maths: Shape, Space and Measure: Measures- An interactive lesson on measuring time, capacity and weight. Includes an online quiz.Fractions and Decimals
1. Fishy Fractions- Choose topic; optional registration.
2. Writing Fractions Lesson- A very good review of the meaning of "numerator" and "denominator."
3. Writing Fractions Practice- An interactive follow-up of the lesson above.
4. Kids Online Learning: Fractions- Choose a topic for interactive practice.
5. Identify With Circles: Fraction Practice- Type in numerator and denominator for the fraction represented by the pie chart.
6. Fractions Shading- Shade the number of squares to match the fraction.
7. CoolMath4Kids: Equivalent Fractions- Lesson/review and practice.
8. CoolMath4Kids: Fractions-What Are They?- Introductory lesson.
9. CoolMath4Kids: Which Fraction Is Greater?- Lesson and practice.
10. CoolMath4Kids: Which Fraction is Greater - Part 2- Additional practice, introduction to LCM.
11. Designer Fractions- Multiple interactive fractions activities.
12. Pizza Party- Click on the fraction that shows how much pizza is left.
13. Web School: Daily Math: Equivalent Fractions- Student responses are scored and can be printed.
14. Math Matching: Fractions- Match the fraction to the model.
15. Bowling for Fractions- You can practice identifying fractional parts. Color in the spaces and then identify the fraction. Each time you are correct you get a bowling pin. Great graphics!
16. BBC ReviseWise Math: Wise Up! Fractions- Includes fact sheet, interactive practice activity and worksheet.
17. Math is Fun: Fractions- This very basic web site gives simple, easy steps on how to add fractions with the same denominator and what to do when they have different denominators.
19. Who Wants Pizza?- A Fun Way to Learn About FractionsData Analysis
1. Gere's Bike Shop- Interactive graphs and data collection lesson and practice. Students can take a test after completing the exercise.
2. Data Picking- Make a frequency chart and graph data.
3. Circle Graphs Games- Scroll down the page to set a time limit (if any), and "Start."
4. What's the Point?- Graphing with coordinate points
5. Lunar Adventure- Graph the coordinates in order to destroy the asteroids.
6. Frequency Table- Construct a frequency table to represent a collection of data. Lesson and interactive practice.
7. Graph Quiz- Choose which graph would be used for each story problem.
8. Predictions Using Graphs Lesson and Practice- Make predictions from the graphs.
9. Graph Challenge- Select a type of graph and answer questions based on the data.
14. Bugs in the System- To clear a room of bugs, click and drag each bug to the column of the same color. If you can't fit all of the bugs of the same color in a column, use the bar graph scaler to change the scale. Good luck! From PBS Kids.
15. Bar Graphs/Pictographs Lesson- Bar graphs and pictographs can display the same data. Lesson and interactive practice.
16. Houghton-Mifflin Math Kids: Extra Practice: Geometry & Measurement- Select Chapter 17, Lesson 17.1 - 17.7 to practice perimeter, area and volume.Algebra
1. Number Patterns Lesson and Practice- Review lesson and interactive activity.
2. Designing Patterns Lesson and Practice- Lesson and interactive practice activity.
3. Repeated Patterns Lesson and Practice- Lesson on repeated patterns using place value patterns and interactive practice activity.
4. Fun Brain: Number Cracker- Help Mr. Cracker obtain the secret code before the insidious Prof. Soup catches him by guessing what number comes next in a series of numbers.
5. Math Forum: Making Patterns Using Pattern Blocks
6. Fun School: The Crazy Pattern Machine- Select difficulty level from easy to hard, complete patterns using upper/lower case letters, shapes, colors, or numbers.
8. Pattern Wizardry- Reflect a shape, repeat and slide. Rotate units, flip and glide. Move your cursor, fill a space. Draw a pattern or erase! From Brooklyn Children's Museum.
9. Number Patterns- An introduction to understanding number patterns. Includes interactive practice.