Dear Parents & Families,
My name is Yolanda Leduc and I am very excited to work with you as a partner in your child’s academic success. I look forward to collaborating with you on the needs of our students. My combined experiences both personally and professionally give me a deep passion for students with disabilities. I am committed to ensuring that our children get the special care and education afforded to them according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). My primary goal is to bridge the gap and promote partnerships between parents and educators. As the ESE Parent Mentor, I have listed a few of the services that we offer, please note this is not an exhaustive list:
Our goal is to build partnerships between home, school and community by;
- Supporting parents/families
- Attending IEP meetings
- Providing resources and assistance
- Facilitating parent workshops
- Visiting school sites
- Hosting a Spring Parent Resource Fair
I also work with a team of special needs professionals who are valuable resources in assisting with support to ensure the information we communicate is accurate and timely. We are a resource to help you support your child’s success in school.
Please allow us to assist you to:
- Be informed-Ask questions. Get to know school staff and understand the policies that affect your child’s education.
- Be trained- Become knowledgeable about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the contents of the Georgia Department of Education’s Special Education Guide: A Parent’s Guide to Understanding Rights and Responsibilities.
- Be prepared-Have a plan. Help your child and school staff understand your expectations and beliefs about respectful partnerships and a good education.
- Be involved-Share your ideas. Participate in support groups, parent trainings and meetings. VOLUNTEER! Help school staff discover meaningful and effective ways to support your involvement at home and in the school.
I look forward to hearing from and working with you! If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas to share, please feel free to contact me at:
Yolanda Leduc by email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (770) 898-8086.