Dear Parents & Families,
My name is De’Zha Cushman and I am the Parent mentor for Henry County Public Schools. As a parent mentor my goal is to bridge the gap between home, school and community and to help establish a support system for families who have children with disabilities. I do this by;
- Attending IEP meetings
- Providing families with resource assistance
- Facilitating various parent workshops
- Maintaining relationships within schools
- Hosting parent resource events
I am very excited to work with you as a partner in your child’s academic success and I look forward to collaborating with you on the needs of your student(s). I am committed to ensuring that your children receive the exceptional care and education they deserve by bridging the gaps and promoting partnerships between parents and educators. I work with a team of special needs professionals who are also valuable resources and with our help parents will become;
- Informed-Get to know school staff and understand the policies that affect your child’s education (IDEA and Georgia Department of Education’s Special Education Guide: A Parent’s Guide to Understanding Rights and Responsibilities).
- Prepared- Help your child and school staff understand your educational expectations.
- Involved-Participate in parent workshops, trainings, and meetings. Helping school staff discover meaningful and effective ways to support your involvement at home and in the school.
I look forward to hearing from and working with you! If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas to share, please feel free to contact me at:
If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas to share, please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (770) 957-3945 ext. 0413.
I look forward to hearing from you!